Skip to main content

Super Bowl 2024

We had fun snacking our way through the big game last Sunday. We pulled together all sorts of air fryer foods, Scott made wings, and we enjoyed a very casual meal over the course of a few hours. The game was on in the background, and we definitely paid more attention to the commercials. Ha!

G was really hoping the 49ers would win, so when I woke him up on Monday morning, I had to tell him that the regular game tied, they went into OT, and the 49ers were ahead until the last 3 seconds. Kinda ruined his Monday, BUT, we were glad to see that he was paying attention to something in the sports realm.

G loves to hide footballs around the house for the Super Bowl, and then we have to find them (like Easter eggs.) Ava found 5 of the 6, I found just 1, and Scott didn't find any. Ava's big prize was a check for $1billion! So she ate it. And then G told her it was a trick, and she owed him $1billion. Strange game we had going on!


The RHS pep band has been playing at a lot of games for a variety of sports, and this week, they pepped up the crowd for girls hockey. And it worked - the girls hockey team won, and they're headed to state next week!

This is the life of a band parent whose kid can't drive yet...it was a late, snowy night when I had to pick up Ava after pep band this week. Glad we don't live very far from the school!


Both kids have a long weekend, so they're going to relax, and also have fun (Ava had a sleepover last night.) I'm dealing with the beginning stages of a cold, and Scott has to work. We celebrated Valentine's Day with a dinner out last weekend...thank goodness, because I'm not sure either of us would feel up to it this weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...