Skip to main content

Music Program - Finally!

Due to the pandemic, G has never had a music program at school. Tuesday night was finally the third graders time to shine! G had been a little apprehensive about performing, and didn't want to do it, but after performing a few times for the school early this week, he was SO excited to sing for us on Tuesday night. All of the grandparents joined us, and we had a blast listening to their little voices projecting out over the gym. It had been a really long time since we had sat through a performance in the Red Pine gym, and I'm so happy that we had a chance to (he's been there 4 years!)





G was also really excited to show off one of the art pieces they worked on recently. It's in one of the display cases near the front door. Can you tell what it is? Here's a hint...he was SO excited to see it when we went to California, but the rain prevented us from reading this famous sign...



We decided to venture out for a Mexican dinner on Cinco de Mayo. Never again - it was chaos! 




I took this pic to show the constant battle G and I go through when we are out to eat (he's a leftie, I'm a rightie...and you'd think we'd have figured this out by now.) I also enjoyed Ava's bored expression in the background. That's kinda the way we were all feeling by the time it was done. A bit overstimulated and ready to get back home!


And on another exciting note...we got a new dishwasher this week! Our last one decided to go on strike during the dry cycle, so we were constantly having to hand dry all of our dishes...annoying. Scott went out last weekend to scout out a few options, and then we agreed on which one we wanted. G came with me to purchase it, and then we hit up the popcorn/ice cream shop just down the road from the appliance store. YUM!


Even though there was a long backorder for the dishwashers, the sales guy was able to bump us up near the top and it was installed on Thursday. I LOVE IT! It's so quiet and has many fancy features that I never even thought of having. And, it makes the unloading process go so much faster.

We're taking it easy this weekend. It's rainy and stormy, and seems like a good idea to just stay inside. We've got a really busy week coming up, so any down time we can have now will be well-used!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...