Skip to main content

It Feels a Little Bit Like Summer...!

The grass and trees are green, the sky is blue, and the air is pleasant...it sure does seem like the warmer weather is here to stay! I love how bright and shiny everything is this time of year. PLUS, we're nearing the end of Maycember, so we'll be able to ease into the summer routine shortly. There are only SEVEN days of school left - yippee!

It was surprisingly quiet on the activity front this past week. G had a water park birthday party on Sunday afternoon, and then we headed over to book club. Monday was the normal swimming lesson for G, Tuesday was a late night deployment for my job, Wednesday was Ava's final 9th grade band concert, and Thursday and Friday were plan-free. Nights like that are a blessing!

Ava received an Honor Letter in Band - congrats!


In addition, I took Friday off of work and had a Dee-Day. It was fantastic! I got so much stuff done, and even had time to relax in the sun/shade with a book, while Pria laid about the front lawn. Scott had to replace a patch of sod where she peed all winter, and ended up killing the grass completely. And of course this was the patch she chose to rest on!



When Ava got home on Friday, she made a "Weezer" cake...strawberry funfetti cake, with aqua blue frosting. It's surprisingly good. And I'm happy that she can do it without me. No supervision needed!


Saturday was gorgeous weather so Scott, G, and Grandpa Doug headed out on a full-day fishing trip. First time the boat was out this year! Ava and I spent the day together, running errands, taking Pria on a walk, going on a bike ride, and even out for lunch. And then I dropped her off at a friend's house. So, for the 2nd Saturday in a row, I've had time at the house where it's just me and the pooch.

Seems like a good weekend for a margarita!


On Sunday we're hosting family for dinner to celebrate this long weekend, and the beginning of summer. Can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...