Skip to main content

Is that Grass?

What's this I see? Is it grass peeking out from underneath the snow? In case you haven't been keeping track, MN is in the midst of one of the snowiest winters on record. I'm not sure what number we're up to now, but the last time I watched the news, we were at #8, with only a few more inches of snow needed to bump us up several spots on the list.

But, never fear, the sunshine is here! A good percentage of our front yard has lost its snow melt due to the warmer, sunny days this past week. Pria doesn't know where to go or what to sniff each time she heads outside! It's refreshing to think about the walks we'll be able to take now that the ice has melted off of most of the sidewalks (those north facing lots just don't get the warmth needed to get rid of those pile fast!)

We just wrapped up the last week of school for both kids before spring break. We are not going anywhere on vacation, but I did take next Friday off to spend the day with the kids (not sure what we're going to do quite yet.) The principal at the high school emailed all of the parents and advised us to make sure the kids took this week as a chance to disconnect and recharge...love that! And, neither kid has homework, so they both really do get a chance to relax. Ava has asked to hit up Michael's for some painting supplies, and G is coming up with creative LEGO builds that he can do.

Scott and I are looking forward to no activities next week, as well as no planned evening adventures. We're so busy in the evenings with activities and events, so the downtime is much needed.

I'll report back next week to share how bored the kids got this week...or how relaxed they are, and ready to head back to school!

Happy Spring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...