Skip to main content

Super Pets!

Last weekend we wrapped up Leprechaun Days with a final night out at the Faire. We played a few games, but mostly were there to enjoy the fireworks in Central Park. We sat with some friends, and basked in the light and the sheer loudness of being THERE, underneath the fireworks, instead of watching them from afar, which is what we have done for years.

Ava met up with some other friends to hang out at the Faire, and Scott's longtime friend was also in town, so there were lots of people to talk to and spend time with!



It was a fun night, but it's safe to say that I was all peopled out. I had been around too many people, and needed some time alone So on Sunday, I took it. We didn't have any plans, so I was a hermit and crashed. Ava requested to go to the MoA with friends, and thankfully, Scott took on the task of taking her there and picking her up. G and I ran a few errands, but that was the extent of peopling for me that day.

We took a break for some Rita's!


This past week flew by...we met up with some friends to see the new Super Pets movie (really cute) on Tuesday night. G had taekwondo and swim on other nights, and Ava was, of course, at marching band rehearsal. By the time Friday rolled around, I told Scott I didn't want to have ANY plans on Friday night other than having dinner together as a family. So, we did. And then G and I watched a movie (yeah, yeah, I slept), and we all stayed in for the night. It was a much needed way to start the weekend, because...

...Scott worked all day on Saturday (and with the weather, it wasn't an easy day for him.) While he was working, Ava and I were at the high school, helping collect donations for the mega garage sale that's taking place next weekend. Ava was inside for most of the time, helping to sort donations, while I was outside, lugging stuff out of people's cars and bringing it inside the school to be sorted. When we got there, I had tracked about 2,000 steps. When we left, 2.5 hours later, I was up to almost 13,000 steps. Whew! 

Getting ready for the movie!

When we were done with our shift, Ava and I went out to lunch, headed to Cub, and then came home to put together a dish for the potluck we are attending tonight. I managed to sneak in a very brief nap, but am already looking forward to going to bed tonight (Saturday.)

And even better...Ava and I will go back tomorrow for 3.5 hours at the end of the day to help with another round of donations. Oof! I'm going to need to take some ibuprofen because I'm already sore from the work done earlier today. But, it's going to a really good cause, and the proceeds from the garage sale will help the band so much!

Grandma Deb, thank you so much for occupying G while we were all gone today! He had so much fun hanging out with you. G was very happy to show us all of his fun goodies from Five-Below. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se