Skip to main content

Where did August go?

Dang, August has flown by! We kicked off the month by doing collections work for the RHSMB Mega Garage Sale, and then the next week we volunteered for setup, as well as working the super early morning shift. The garage sale raised a TON of money for the RHS band, and it also made me realize that we buy way too much stuff in this country.

I was very, very good and spent only around $10 at the garage sale on some neat finds (Ava talked me out of a few things....) There is a definite benefit to volunteering to help out with setup - you get to see everything that comes in and you can buy stuff before it's open to the general public. This sale would be amazing to hit up if you've got a kid going off to college. So many great deals, and the teams did a fantastic job organizing and pricing it all.

In the last few weeks, we also squeezed in swimming lessons, wrapped up the summer session of taekwondo, attended endless marching band rehearsals, enjoyed a few book club events, did a walk-thru of Ava's 9th grade schedule, went on some super fun field trips in the Summer Power program, and even hung out at birthday party that we stayed at for SIX hours (G and I had fun!)

Of course Scott and I both worked, did chores, saw/talked with some friends and family, and even made time to sleep (not a lot, though.) I cannot believe that it's nearing the end of the month, and Ava goes to high school in a few weeks, with G heading into 3rd grade the week after that.

We're looking forward to watching the RHSMB perform at the MN State Fair this Thursday. Scott and I took the day off of work, and will be heading to the state fair with G and Grandma Deb. We need to make a list of all of the food we can eat while we're there! But we can't stay too long because we'll need to get back for G's Open House at the school that night. It'll be nice to meet his teacher and get his school supplies tucked safely into his desk.

Ava and I picked up a Pup Cup for Pria at Caribou...such an easy treat for our sweet girl!


"It's empty!?"


G earned his third stripe on his orange belt. He was SO excited to be ahead of Ava!


Yesterday (Friday) I took the day off and spent it with Ava. We got her hair cut, enjoyed Caribou for breakfast, ran to Target, did a few boring errands like dropping stuff off at the Recycling Zone and getting gas, and then we headed to the Mall of America for a shopping extravaganza! It was so much fun to spend the day with Ava. She's such a kind and pleasant person to be around. We still have a few more things to pick up, so we're going to hit up the outlets on Sunday afternoon to see if we can cross off the rest of our list!



Pria is such a wonderful, calm dog. Every day, I am so thankful that she joined our family!


Hiding under the curtains


Taking a snooze, snuggled up next to me in bed


This gets me every time...she wags her tail in her sleep. Such a happy girl!


Totally random, but saw this first little guy on a window while I was at the local brewery with friends, and then the 2nd guy was hanging out on our front porch step. He was so tiny and I was worried he was going to get squished!



This weekend is the first one in a really long time where we haven't had any big plans, or any time constraints. It has been wonderful to be able to relax and not worry about a schedule. This should put us all in a good state of mind for a very busy upcoming week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...