Skip to main content

Leprechaun Days 2022

Leprechaun Days is here! Well, it officially started last weekend, but this is the weekend where we had a lot of stuff going on with the city celebration.

We headed to the Midsummer Faire at Central Park yesterday early evening. We hung out with my parents, met up with some friends, and had an overall good time eating, drinking, riding rides, and playing a few games until we were absolutely exhausted, which doesn't take much these days!

After the awesome marching band performance for the Tournament of Roses team at the high school, Ava and friends headed to Central Park to join in the adventure. We barely saw them, but know that they were having fun!

Playing Hammerschlagen with his friend Abigail


Around and around we go...


Spinny Bears! (vomit!) ((no, no one vomited...but ugh!))


Munching on a walking taco for dinner

The pirate ship ride


The big slide - G loved this!


On Saturday morning, we woke up bright and early and prepped ourselves for the 44th Grand Day Parade! The RHS marching band was performing, so we needed to drop Ava off super early. That worked out okay, though, as we were able to snag a great spot on the parade route, under a tree (it was sunny and hot!) 

We hooted and hollered when the marching band came by, although I was a little sad as we were in the section of the route where they didn't play. Right as they passed us they started playing...but that's ok! We'll have lots of time to see their parade moves in the future. Ava went out with some friends after the parade, while G, Scott, and I hit up the brat stand supporting the RHSMB, picked up some root beer floats, and then got a few free books at the library book giveaway. It was a very tiring, but fun, day.

Tonight, G and I are going to head back to see some other friends, listen to some music, play some more games, and watch the fireworks. 







And tomorrow...we do as little as possible. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...