Skip to main content

Family Time

Turns out that we don't have a lot of time to do stuff as a family, so when an idea comes up, we try to grab it! Last Saturday, we took a rare break and went to the movies. Both kids had been counting down until Minions came out, so it seemed like an easy movie pick. I am so happy that we can order tickets/picks seats in advance, as well as pre-order all of our food. It makes the whole experience so much easier and organized. Plus, we know we're going to get great seats without having to fight for them.

Me & G (the pic of Scott and Ava didn't turn out, boo)


I remember a few years ago, Scott and I tried to go to the movies, before we realized that everyone was buying their tickets online. We walked into a chaotic scene at a movie theater that we had been to a million times before. We were so confused as to what was happening! Eventually, we just backed out of the theater, having no idea what we were doing. But NOW, it's great!

We've had some really rain weather lately, and we've seen some beautiful rainbows. The other day, G came into the house to tell me to come outside and look at a super bright double rainbow. It was amazing (this pic doesn't do it justice!)


 

G had a very good week at Summer Power, and when he's been home, he's spent quite a bit of time outside, playing with friends, or on his scooter. I'm so happy we got him his phone watch last year...it's afforded us all a bit of freedom to let him roam this part of the neighborhood.

Creative with Legos...see the little swimmer, about to be attacked?


Ava started her first full week of marching band practice last week. It's been a blast listening to them practice, but man, they put in a TON of time. It's no wonder that this is such a good band! Last weekend, they did the March-a-Thon in our town, and raised over $20,000! And today, they held a car wash for the community. We went early, and I'm so glad we did. When I picked up Ava from her shift a few hours later, the line of cars was around the block. WOW!

Next week is Drill Week, which means the kids will be there from noon-9pm each day, and the following week is Band Camp, which means they will be there from 9am-9pm each day. We also had the family picnic this past week, so we were able to meet some of the families. G charmed several of the moms, and we were told he is so sweet, talkative, and cute. HA! Talkative and cute, yes...and he has his sweet moments for sure. I guess I'm glad he didn't reveal his non-sweet side at this big event!

One of the trumpet themes was "pink" one night


Just the act of doing all of the driving and volunteering for the marching band stuff is exhausting. I can't imagine being a student and doing the actual work. Ava has been a bit more tired lately, and I can see why. This is probably the most active she's been of any summer, so far! I think it's wonderful that she's getting out, meeting people, and being super active. This should make the transition into high school a much easier one. It's always good to see friendly faces in the halls.

Happy Early Birthday to my dad on Monday, July 18 - we love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...