Skip to main content

Short & Sassy

Ava has outgrown her longer hair, and has been wanting a short, "edgy" haircut recently. I was a little hesitant, but I just read something about allowing your kids to do what they want with their hair...cuts, color, etc. so they can showcase their personalities. So, on Monday, Ava's hair went from shoulder length to super short and sassy!

The stylist we went to was super positive and excited to cut her hair, and showed her how to style it quickly each day. And the wide smile on Ava's face when she left the stylist chair was priceless. She told me later that this hair cut was a huge confidence booster for her, which honestly, makes it a no-brainer. I love that she now likes what she sees in the mirror...anything we can do to help boost that self-love is worth it!

Look at that big, beautiful smile!


So, the next big thing will be a color change...we picked up a semi-permanent dark blue, so look for an update with that soon. Ava wants to have that done before she heads to DC in a few weeks, so we need to get it going. This will be a harder one for me to accept, but it'll wash out, and it'll be fun for her. 

Ava, G, and I had a great Friday this week (I took it off of work, and the kids didn't have school.) I had to get my driver's license renewed and was a little apprehensive about how long things have been taking, but my dad mentioned that I could make an appointment at select locations. So, on Friday morning, I drove to a county building, and breezed right through the process. Slicker than snot!

And then the kids and I went to Ava's ortho appointment, did a little shopping at Hy-Vee, and went out for lunch at Rusty Taco in Eagan. We hadn't been there before, so we studied the menu before we went, and again, that made the ordering/decision process super easy. It's wonderful how a little prep work can make things move along. Even the lady at the license counter thanked me for being so prepared. I figured that was quite the compliment!


On Friday night, Ava and a bunch of friends went to see The Batman...we're at the point where they're staying out late, and needing to get picked up at much later hours that Scott and I are used to. They had a very fun time at the movies, and we're so happy to see Ava gaining independence, and hanging out with a good group of friends. Such a difference from last year, where she self-sequestered in her room, and never went outside or saw anyone. 

While Ava was out, and Scott was puttering around our garage, G and I had a movie date and watched Turning Red (super cute). We had fun with a Friday night movie night, which feels like has gone by the wayside for a bit lately. I love spending time with my little man!

Tonight (Saturday), Scott and I are heading out for a date night, and will leave Ava in charge of G at home. We're going to try Stockyards in SSP, which we have been wanting to go to for a while. Scott is always so good at reminding me that we need to spend time together, just the two of us. He's definitely a keeper!

We've got beautiful weather coming up this week...spring is almost here, and we are looking forward to the sun, the warmth, and the long walks ahead with Pria!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh