Skip to main content

Week 51 at Home: OOF!

It started out as a normal week...lots of stuff to do, both around the house and work. There was even a fun birthday party that G was looking forward to on Saturday. And then at 9:15pm on Monday, the school nurse called. She let me know that there was a positive case of COVID-19 on the bus that G rides home each day. The exposure dates were 2/24, 2/25, and 2/26, so G needed to quarantine for 14 days (along with everyone else on the bus.) And, just to be safe, we should get him tested on Tuesday or Wednesday. I thought it best to get him in right away, so on Tuesday, he and I went to do the saliva test (I thought that would be easier for him than a nasal swab.) And it would have been, except...he didn't know how to spit!

But, after 40 min of really working at it, he was able to produce enough saliva to fill up the tube. And off we went back home, feeling pretty good about things (no one had any symptoms.) Imagine my surprise the next morning when G's result came back positive, and mine came back negative. Scott then went in to get tested on Wednesday morning, and his test also came back positive. So...that changed things a bit. Now, G was no longer in quarantine...he and Scott both needed to go into isolation. That's pretty tough to do when you live with other people. But, so far, we've made it work. We are all sleeping in different rooms, and G and Scott get their meals delivered to the guest room. We even upgraded our TV in the guest room (it was around 10 years old) because it was pretty laggy and kept buffering. Annoying! But, it kinda feels like we're running a B&B around here...ha!

Ava and I went in on Friday to be tested (surprise, she's much better at spitting than G!) Both of our tests came back negative on Saturday morning. We're all a little baffled why I am testing negative, as I spend a TON more time with G than Scott does. And it's close time, too...lots of snuggles and hugs. But, we still have another week to go, so we'll see how it shakes out. 

So, now due to G's positive test, his entire class is quarantined (sorry!) and the entire before/after school program, as well (UGH, really sorry!) He'll be able to head back to school on 3/16, while Scott can go back to work on 3/15. They'll both be considered cleared from isolation on 3/13, and THEN Ava and I get to begin our 14 day quarantine. I figure we'll keep getting tested once a week through 3/29. Oof! 

The good news is that G is in high spirits and has no symptoms. Scott's voice is a little scratchy, but he said that happens every year when it starts to get warmer, so he doesn't believe that it's COVID related. I am so thankful that everyone is still feeling good. Whew.

The drive back from dropping G off at school was so nice on Monday morning...little did I know how things would change that night!


Look how close we were snuggling on Monday night...no 6' distancing for us!


This is just adorable, and possibly the high point of the week. This is G's rendition of The Cat in the Hat. Love it!


Did I mention we were also getting our house painted this week? So everything is off the walls, and the furniture is pushed haphazardly around the house. Now we'll be living in this disaster zone until the week of 3/15, when the painter can come back. He did manage to finish up our room, so I've been working on putting that back together this weekend. The colors look great...but now I'm debating getting new bedding and curtains. I think this is the color we're staying with for a while, so I might as well get something that looks good with it.

Here's the finished laundry room project. The space is so usable...I love it!


Here's a nice shot of the two colors in our room. The darker one is the accent wall behind our bed.


I really like how this décor looks on the new color!


So our plans for the next several weeks are...to do nothing! Well that's not entirely true...the weather's nice so we should be getting outside. And I get to learn more about Instacart for grocery delivery. The fams gotta eat, after all!

I pray that everything remains calm, and that no one gets worse. I also pray that Ava and I continue to have negative tests. Scott thinks I must have had it already, and didn't know it. Except...I don't go anywhere in public, so that would be weird. After this is all done, I'm going to get the antigen test to see if I possibly had it and was unaware. Mystery!

Keep sending good and healthy vibes and prayers our way...we could use them! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh