Skip to main content

Week 40 at Home: The Last Full Week

Well, folks, we made it. We just completed the last 5-day work and school week for 2020. We have a variety of time off between now and January 4, and I think we are all so ready for it. I need to start working on my list of projects that I want to tackle during the holiday time off...while also celebrating and relaxing, of course.

Both kids' reports cards for Tri 1 are now available, and they are doing great! Ava got all A's with the exception of a B+ in Accelerated Algebra, but frankly, I am thrilled that she's even in an advanced math class. And she doesn't complain too much about it, so she must enjoy it, at least a bit? She loves her Chinese class the best, hands down. This distance learning is working out really well for her this year. We are incredibly lucky to be in this situation.

As an early Christmas gift to the family, I bought us the Holiday Box from Universal Yums. Totally thought this was going to be disgusting, but it was SO good. Shocking! This is a treat from Taiwan, so Ava was really excited to try it (she loves to try new Asian things...proud of her!)

G also did a good job for the first trimester. As expected, he could do a bit better in working independently...but, when Mom is RIGHT THERE, it's so much easier to ask me. I have noticed that he is taking more initiative to proceed with his assignments without my prompting (especially since I'm in so many meetings for work.) 

Peppermint-y hot chocolate to celebrate the season!


This is G's imitation of me working at home...I don't think I bang quite so loudly on my keyboards, lol



George was a very busy elf this week...he's only here for a few more days, so it'll be fun to see what else he has planned!

12/13: Elfie station!



12/14: Super George!


12/15: Playing a game of Twister with Reiny


12/16: Cornhole...are you Team George or Team Reiny?


12/17: Dressed up as a tree, and staring longingly outside...


12/18: The Floor is Lava! (This is one of my favorite ones so far)


12/19: George is just being mean and taunting us with the fact that there is NO SNOW in MINNESOTA!


On a positive note...George did bring us hot cocoa bombs this morning so we'll be enjoying those this weekend. Yum! We're hoping to get out and enjoy the Christmas lights/décor in the nearby neighborhoods...I love this Christmas tradition so much and look forward to it every year!

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se