Skip to main content

Week 38 at Home: George Returns

He's back, he's back, our beloved elf is back! We weren't sure if George was going to make it back this year due to COVID-19, but he's playing it safe and quarantined for a few days, and also wore a mask...he's keeping ALL of us safe!

11/29: In quarantine, mask and all!


12/1: He's back, with donuts and coffee!


12/2: George is going to spy on us...24/7. Yikes!


12/3: Must be rough being an elf...George is taking time for self-care with yoga!


12/4: Having a bonfire under the tree with s'mores and Puppy!


12/5: Peeping at us while we pee. Um. I have no words for this one.


The kids have been enjoying the Elf Advent Calendar


I took Friday afternoon off of work so I could tackle the Christmas cookie/treat making. It wasn't the same without having my mom here to help, but...again, we're keeping it safe and staying our distance. I made the sugar cookie M&M bars, the chocolate candy cane kiss cookies, and fudge...all good and very easy! My mom is making the sugar cookies this weekend, and they will drop off a batch for us to decorate in the near-ish future. Let's hope next year we can all celebrate and have fun baking together!


In non-Christmas news, we loaded up the kids into the car on Monday night and headed over to a new drive-thru exhibit at the MN Zoo. As members, we were able to drive though the exhibit before it opens to the general public, plus we went on a Monday, so there was very little traffic to deal with. The exhibit is made from 30+ custom inflatables (from a local company) and helps to educate people on the different areas and animals in the world. It was something fun and different to do, plus the funds help our zoo, which is really hurting this year. We are so fortunate to live only 10 minutes away from it, and I pray that it doesn't have to close!










Back to Christmas excitement...Santa just came through our neighborhood in a Rosemount firetruck - and he even threw candy out to the kids! It was nice to chat with the neighbors for a little bit, and enjoy the fresh air while we were waiting for him to drive by. I had attempted to get a video of the fun, but apparently forgot to hit the record button. Argh! Oh well, at least G and the other kids enjoyed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...