Skip to main content

Long Week? Short Week?

I can't quite tell if the five-day work week was long or short? I heard my co-workers say a variety of time frames and then I realized that I didn't know either. It was a very busy week (plans each night with family and friends) and the days flew by, too. But, it seemed to take a while to get to Friday.

In any case, it doesn't really matter...we made it! The kids had a good re-entry back into school. I think Ava was happy to see her friends again, and she's back into the swing of doing her schoolwork without too much complaining. She also had a great baton practice on Tuesday night and managed to catch a few one-spins. With a bit more practice, I think she'll nail it!

She also had fun making an Orange Julius in her FACs (home ec) class, and is looking forward to attempting garlic bread soon. She has a chance to earn some extra credit if she cooks at home, so guess what we'll be doing in the next few weeks! :)

Ava and I had a productive afternoon of shopping last weekend. We ran to a million different places and ended up getting almost everything we needed. But, most importantly, we spent some good time together!

She let her hair dry in a towel and ended up with this weird curly thing...she loved it!


G had a pretty good week...a few moments where he needed reminders, but overall, he did well. I spoke with his teacher on Thursday afternoon, and she told me that another parent had written her a note about G. (I was a little worried to hear if it was good or bad!) Apparently one of his classmates came into their before school program and she was really, really sad. G went out of his way to cheer her up and play with her. The other parent was so appreciative and wanted to let their teacher know.

I asked G what had happened, and he mentioned that she had forgotten a bracelet and he was trying to comfort her. Yay, G! Even better was when I dropped G off at the before school program on Friday, and both of the care providers there went out of their way to tell me how he had helped his classmate. From that, G was recognized in front of everyone and received a "Bravo." (That means he was able to pick a toy from a bin..."Peanut," the green dog, has now joined our stuffy family.)

G is such a compassionate boy, and he's come so far in figuring out how to manage all of his big feelings. It's a work in progress, but, we all believe he will get there!

G was extra snuggly this morning...and he loves his koala. He is very, very sad about the fires in Australia and how they've impacted all of the animals. :(


G has a little friend coming over for a playdate this afternoon. He is so excited, and has BIG plans for them! At the same time, my dad and Scott will be heading out to look at another tractor (no comment,) and my mom will hang out with me and the house full of kids. Should be fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...