Skip to main content

Peeps!

Thank goodness there were no April Fool's jokes this week! Ava had a grand one planned, but I accidentally foiled her attempts. She was going to put up a perimeter wall so our Roomba, Bill, couldn't clean everywhere he was supposed to, but...poor Bill has been having battery issues, so I had restricted his use earlier this week. Ava was pretty bummed to realize that her plan wasn't placed in action. I'm pretty happy because we resolved Bill's issues and he's been successful at doing his job in the last half of the week. Yahoo for clean floors!

After Ava's baton class on Tuesday, we headed to Carbonne's, and enjoyed the kid's night festivities. G got a cute little puppy painted on his arm, and Ava had a beautiful floral mural painted on hers. It was so lovely, and unlike anything that she had asked for before. That's our girl - always looking for a way to be unique!

 


In addition to the pretty flowers getting us into the spring mood, I discovered that Scott had bought me some Peeps coffee creamer the last time he went grocery shopping. It's SO good. It doesn't taste like marshmallow...it's just a sweet vanilla. And no gritty residue like what's on the real Peeps. I love it!


We had family movie night on Friday, and Ava also worked on a puzzle (the evil button puzzle that we put together last summer in Grand Marais...ugh.) About halfway through the movie/puzzling, she stopped what she was doing and did her homework. It was crazy! But, I think she was happy to think that she wouldn't have to do it on Saturday morning, like she usually does. I am so proud of the way she was thinking ahead. I think it also had something to do with the fact that she wanted to have a sleepover on Saturday night, and she was showing us how responsible she is.

And yes...we did let her friend sleepover last night. It's been the quietest sleepover, ever. They got ready for bed, on their own, around 9pm...and there was absolutely no noise coming from the guestroom the entire night. I'm pretty sure they were on Roblox the whole time, but at least they were interacting in the same game. I hope they had fun?

G decided that his favorite animal, Puppy, was getting a little out of control, so he put up a barricade to keep him from advancing towards where G was playing. Funny!


Looking forward to another day, with no plans, so we can continue to get stuff done around the house!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...