Skip to main content

Easter/Birthday 2019

When the birthday falls on the same day as Easter, the weekend is a bit chaotic! BUT, last weekend was fun, and there's no place that we'd rather be on a beautiful spring weekend. After G and I boiled the eggs, we decorated them as a family. Scott and Ava get points for creativity while G and I had fun with stickers

Ava was horrified when Scott insisted on dipping the egg in all the colors of dye! I love her face in these pics!



G: the yellow and green in the top row
Scott: the weird face in the top row and the one that looks like an olive
Ava: the blue in the middle row and the light purple one in the bottom row with the granny face
Dee: the purple and light yellow in the bottom row


Ava, G and I then tackled making my birthday cake...this is a bunny cake that my mom has made for many years, and we thought it would be fun to use it for my birthday/Easter cake this year!





Creativity with candles: #43!


My parents came over for Easter/birthday dinner and we had a grand time eating, chatting, and enjoying the warm weather on the deck - before the bugs make an appearance this summer!


And let's not forget the egg hunt and the Easter baskets in the morning - fun! Along with the candy in the eggs, the kids each got random coupons they can use...things like, "choose a new toy", "choose the restaurant for dinner", and "have a friend over for a sleepover". They were both really excited that the Easter Bunny added those to the mix!




We've been pretty busy, so here are some random photos from the past week...

G loves his train!


This is the view from my cafeteria at work - so pretty!


We had a bonfire last weekend - first one of the season!


I love this comparison picture so much...look at how much he has grown!


On Friday night, while Scott was working, the kids and I decided it was time to expand beyond the DC Extended Universe, and are now tackling some Marvel movies. We watched Iron Man for the 1st time, and now we're all really excited to see what happens next! Ava was very reluctant to watch it and by the end she couldn't wait to see the next movie in line...The Incredible Hulk, we're coming for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...