Skip to main content

Saying Goodbye to Twenty Years

This was it...my final days at my job. I worked late nights and extra hours to try to wrap things up the best I could, and I still didn’t feel great about “handing over the keys.” I had envisioned being at a zero inbox count, and I was nowhere near that, and it pained me a bit. But, it’s no longer my issue, and it’s OK to let it go.

I had a wonderful going-away happy hour on Tuesday night, where my closest friends made me feel very loved. It was a bit surreal driving away from the campus where I spent two decades of my life. But, the good news is that there’s social media and I didn’t burn any bridges, so I can always catch up on what’s going on...without having a workload!

My good friends, with me till the sweet/bitter end!

Dee and Dana


Carey and Dee


Wednesday was the start of my five-day “unemployment” time, and it’s been great! I’ve been able to do a bunch of things on my to-do list, and I’ve even taken some naps! I’m ready to tackle this holiday season, and won't be scrambling at the last minute. We even had a chance to meet up with my parents on Friday afternoon for some happy hour apps and drinks, before we took the kids to see the new Wreck-It Ralph movie. There is such luxury in being close to home, and having time to do things with my family...amazing!

The kids really liked the movie, and I even got a little teary-eyed at some parts. We saw one of our neighbors there, so we had a quick chat at the end of the movie, and then G blew a kiss good-bye to their little girl (Addie and G are quite the pair at gatherings...they just love playing together!)

We were super early to the movie, so the theater was empty when we got there...it was full for the actual showing!



With the exception of Scott, the rest of us have had a low-key weekend...we watched movies, Ava made some glow-in-the-dark sparkly slime, we indulged in the hot chocolate beverage bar that I set up (yum!!) and just generally enjoyed our time at home. I was supposed to go to a holiday party in Wisconsin last night with a friend, but we had a winter storm roll in and for safety reasons, we decided to stay at home.

The slime started off so, so messy but ended up turning out really well!



There can never be too many marshmallows in the hot chocolate, right?


Scott worked this weekend, and he’s currently out plowing snow for his work. I do think he enjoys plowing, but we’d like to have him safe at home today, instead.

This has been one of the best staycations that I’ve had in a long time. The stress level is nice and low, and I’m ready to tackle my new job. My first day is this coming Wednesday, and I’m excited to start something new!

We have a busy week coming up...doctor appointments, baton recitals, school presentations, and more Christmas tasks to do! Bring on the holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh