Skip to main content

Christmas Joy

Merry Christmas! What a magical time of year. We celebrated Christmas Eve with my mom and dad, and indulged in a ton of yummy foods. This was the first year that G was aware of the "butterballs" in the soup, and while he seemed interested initially, he decided he didn't want them. Ava, however, has taken a liking to them, and ate a bunch!

Mom gave this to me for dinner...and then G commented that my reindeer was REALLY happy!


After the Christmas Eve festivities, we headed home, where we each opened a gift (matching jammies!) and the kids got the treats/eggnog ready for Santa. This year, the eggnog was a pretty blue with pink sprinkles. Very festive!




I love how Ava can finally stay in one place when taking a pic, but G is at that age where staying still is almost impossible!



Scott and I waited up for a bit to see if we could catch Santa leaving the gifts in the stockings, but he wasn't there by the time we went to bed, so we called it a night. Luckily, he decided to show up after we were tucked away into bed, and the gifts were there for all of us in the morning!

We enjoyed our quiet Christmas at home...the gifts were wonderful, the family time was good, and our prime rib dinner turned out very well. We even had a chance to wish Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey a very Merry Christmas in Florida. All in all, it was a wonderful holiday celebration!

These two were so patient on Christmas morning...we opened the stocking gifts before breakfast, and then we had a yummy meal, and got ready for the day before opening the gifts under the tree. My parents used to make me wait, too, which was always hard, but it teaches patience!


He was super excited to see Batman Legos from Santa!


Two thumbs up from Ava! Santa brought her art stuff, just like she asked!


Scott's rein"beers"s! That Santa is a funny guy!


Yum, yum...a pink moscato for me from Santa!


Still patiently waiting for the gifts under the tree...


The only bummer was that we all had to go back to reality the next day. I don't remember the last time I had to work between Christmas a New Years, but this year, I didn't have an option. And it was totally fine. I was able to focus on my work and get through the items on my plate so I could enjoy the weekend. I'm still enjoying my new job and am looking forward to what the future has in store for me there.

My work building is right on a big lake, so I decided to take a walk on the path over lunch on Wednesday to see how far I could go. It was a brisk 30 minute walk, but it felt great to get back outside over the lunch hour. I saw the cutest, fluffiest black squirrels in these woods...I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot of them in the coming months!


Scott is working from home tomorrow (G didn't have daycare,) while I head into work. Hopefully the weather holds up so we can still head out to celebrate New Years with our dear friends. We've celebrated with them for the last 15-ish years, so we're all crossing our fingers that the snow isn't too bad for the drive to their house.


See you in 2019!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...