Skip to main content

Sunday at the Apple Orchard

We had glorious weather last Sunday when we went to an apple orchard in Lakeville. With autumn firmly in place, the sunshine and warm temps are fleeting, and the potential for them to disappear runs high. When we saw that there was going to be blue skies and comfortable temps last weekend, we decided to jump on the opportunity to spend a morning outside, stomping around the apple trees.

Turns out that a LOT of other people had that same idea. Haha! Regardless, we had a grand time. We picked a ton of delicious apples (honey crisp is still the fave in this family,) went on a little hayride around the orchard, wound our way through a hedge maze, and let G burn off some energy on the playground at the orchard.

I picked up some fixins to make an apple crisp, so I need to make sure we use that before the apples are no longer good to eat. I thought that could be another fun baking adventure for Ava and me...now I just need to find the time to do it!














 



This was a neat little comparison that Google put together for me...the image on the left is when Ava was 4 years old, and we were in Vail. The image on the right was this past weekend. It's fun to see how much she has changed in six years!


Scott just wrapped up his first weekend up north, prepping for hunting season. I was really happy to see him come home this morning...as much as I love my kiddos and my dog, it's nice to be able to take a small break for myself, and not have to be in charge, 100% of the time.

We have more fun fall activities planned in the upcoming weeks, including G's 5th birthday! Before we know it, the holidays will be here, and we will be so busy, we don't know which way to turn. We need to enjoy these slow fall days while we have them...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...