Skip to main content

First Day of School 2018

As I was getting Ava's "first day of school" board ready last Monday, I realized that I was finally able to include our little guy in the "first day" pictures!

Ava was so happy and ready to get back to school. She's excited to see her friends, determined to take her time in completing her schoolwork, and focused on being organized this year. Ok, ok, this last one has a bit of a push from me...yesterday morning, we went through the entire school calendar and marked important dates into her planner. I told her that her planner is the tool we would be using to track all of her activities. I figure it's never too early to teach her how to plan her time appropriately, so she's not a hot mess for the rest of her life.



G was also super excited to move to his new classroom. I met his new teacher early in the week, and am already SO impressed by her communication methods. I have very high hopes for how well this year is going to go for our little G! He's bringing home pictures that he draws, and I can usually figure out what they are. No more crazy scribbles for this little guy! Plus, he's starting to write his name, which just blows me away...they're actual letters! (I know we went through this phase with Ava, as well, but it's still just as amazing with G!)


The weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately, so we're trying to soak up the sun before the snow flies. I've been going on daily walks over lunch, and last night, we had a bonfire with the kids, and enjoyed some really awesome s'mores. There's a slight chill to the air, and I've been noticing brightly colored leaves on the ground, so it's only a matter of time before it becomes apparent that fall is truly here. Time to get out the hot chocolate and sweaters, I guess!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...