Skip to main content

Bows and Beast Boy

My bulletin board at home is covered with notices about upcoming events. It drives me nuts to have so much paperwork there, but I need to have everything posted so I don't forget about upcoming activities. Yesterday, I was able to start removing some items, as we are finally getting to the days where the events are taking place! For someone like me, who thrives on checking off items on to-do lists, and loves the feeling of closure, this is a BIG deal.

Yesterday, G and Scott spent some good quality time together, as a group of neighborhood girlfriends and I headed south to Cannon Falls for a girls' day out event at the winery. There was shopping from local vendors (really cute stuff!), a specialty cocktail they prepared just for that day (it was a lavender concoction, and it was dee-lish), and wines (of course!) After we had our (literal) fill, we headed across the street to a local tavern, and had a yummy lunch. It was SO nice to enjoy the morning with friends, and to do something different! And Scott and G did NOT end up killing each other while I was gone, contrary to popular speculation.

As soon as I came home, I shuttled Ava off to a birthday party (that invite is finally off of the bulletin board!) She was gone for THREE hours and had a super fun time! It was the perfect way for her to burn off some energy on a dreary Saturday afternoon.

While Ava was gone, G and I took the opportunity to watch the Marmaduke movie together...such luxury! A movie on Saturday afternoon? Unheard of! I missed out on spending time with my family over the last four weekends (because I was working) so I decided that it was super important to take the time to relax and enjoy the snuggles with my little guy.

After we picked up Ava from the party, we headed out to eat, and then got home in enough time to watch ANOTHER movie. WHAT? Two movies in one day?? The kids have now been introduced to Herbie (the VW bug) and we had a great time watching the little car perform its tricks while racing.

Ava and G decided to play hair salon...I think the yellow bow really accents his eye color, don't you?


Last Sunday, the kids were SO excited about the ice cream man (apparently they have tracked to him to coming to our neighborhood at 1pm every Sunday.) So, of course we stalked him...here's G and his Beast Boy ice cream treat!


Ava received an "A" mug for Christmas, and I decided it was time for G to have a little mug, perfectly sized for his hands. This little bear mug just melts my heart...


In honor of Mother's Day, G decided to camp outside of our bedroom door and wait patiently for me to get up this morning. And by patiently, I mean that he MAY have been pushing on the door and making small sounds to wake me up. He let me sleep in until 6:30am, so I guess that's ok...? I often wonder what it would be like to live with people who didn't always get up so early...Scott was up at 3am with Lucky, Ava got up at 5:30am (not sure sure why), and who knows how long G was lurking outside of our door... At least we get a lot of things done while most people are still snug in their beds!

In honor of Mother's Day, my mom, Ava, and I are going to do some shopping this afternoon, so we can check some things off of our to-do list (HOORAY!) The kids both need new Crocs and swimming suits, so we're going to hit up the Eagan outlets today...it looks like it's going to be gorgeous weather (70's and sunny) so being in that outdoor shopping area, with my favorite mom, and the first child to make me a mom, will be the perfect way to spend it!

Special shout out to my mom and my mother-in-law today...Happy Mother's Day! We love you very much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh