Skip to main content

Utensils are Optional

G has recently discovered the closet where we keep all of our board games. I often find him playing Hi Ho Cherry-O, Candyland (aka "the gingerbread game"), and the memory game all by himself. Last week, he discovered our Twister game, and thought it would be fun to play with Ava and me. I politely declined (not sure I could become a pretzel at this age) and offered to run the spinner for him.

After some begging, Ava was a good sport and joined in the game with her little brother. She actually did a great job and followed the rules, while G didn't quite grasp the full concept of keeping his various hands and feet on the correct colors while moving around. He ended up just sorta flopping around on the game board instead. And eventually he just decided it would be more fun to use his sister as the game board. I'm not 100% confident that Ava thought that was very fun...



I got a head start on our Christmas shopping AND enjoyed a huge craft fair with my mom last Sunday. I'd say I'm about 65% done with my Christmas shopping already, and I'm planning on working on some more gifts and our cards in the upcoming week. Hooray!

Ava worked very hard on her math homework this week, and with some prodding managed to finish up some assignments with the end goal of minimal work to do this weekend. We always work on weekend homework after breakfast on Saturdays so we don't have to deal with the tears and frustration on Sunday evenings. I still believe we made the right choice to keep her in the advanced math class. I reached out to her math teacher and advised her of our decision, and her response back was perfect - she's incredibly supportive and I think this will help push Ava to focus more and try harder in her schoolwork.

I had a super busy week with plans every evening Mon-Wed, so by Thursday, I was pooped. Good thing I'm off of work November 17-26! I thoroughly enjoyed my day off on Friday, and was able to spend more fun time with Ava and G yesterday since I wasn't trying to cram all of my weekend chores into 2 days. Plus, I have some fun plans in the upcoming week (can't wait to see the Justice League on Tuesday with my mom!) and we're set to host Thanksgiving on Thursday. Fun times!

Scott had a very long work week, and ended up working another full day on Saturday, so we treated ourselves to a fun night out. At my parent's recommendation, we went to the Lakeville Brewing Co. The food was fantastic, the beer was great, and the atmosphere was perfect for kids. Great choice to go there! After that, we headed over to Fleet Farm and walked through Toyland so the kids could get all amped up and excited for Christmas (and then we burst their bubble when we didn't buy them anything...ha!) I have to run back there this week for another reason, and it'll be a great time to pick up some toys for them for Christmas.

I swear, he does know how to use a fork...



Ava's been begging me to put up window clings for Thanksgiving, so I better get that going. And next week, we'll decorate for Christmas! The holiday season is really here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...