Skip to main content

My Little Chef

With Scott gone hunting, it puts me into the spotlight of needing to feed my children. Yikes! Last weekend, we had pizza with my parents and mac and cheese...easy peasy. This weekend, I decided we needed to incorporate some veggies and home cooked items into the menu.

We did splurge on Friday night...we went to a local Barnes and Noble since they were hosting a book fair for Ava's elementary school. Ava had fun running around with a neighbor friend, and even Garrett ran into someone he knew from daycare! It was crazy and chaotic, and I might have been a little crabby by the end of the night. After the book fair, we went out for a fast dinner, and the hit up the grocery store to pick up goodies for this weekend. We walked through the door at 8:30pm, and we were all exhausted. I'm pretty sure that everyone was sleeping by 9:05pm!

Fletch and Ava with Big Red (the mascot for their school). 

G wasn't so sure about meeting the cardinal, but by the end he mustered up enough courage to give him a high five!


In any case, Saturday was full of fun things...doing a Thanksgiving art project for G's daycare class, helping Ava practice for her speaking part in the upcoming music program, and making Grandma Goers' infamous banana bread recipe. Yum! Ava was a huge help in preparing it, and she even had the brilliant idea of putting Nutella on it, once sliced. Double yum! See, we never have Nutella, but last night, I bought some, out of the blue, without even thinking about the banana bread. Clearly, it was meant to be...

For Saturday dinner, I put my Pinterest-ing skills to work, and pulled out a child-friendly recipe (cheeseburger biscuit cups) that Ava helped me prepare. It was easy, yummy, and gave us a good chance to work together today. After dinner, we settled in for a movie (new to all of us) and then they both hit the hay after cleaning up from a long day. It was a pretty great Saturday...not nearly as lazy as last weekend.

Our deer hunter will be back today...he was successful this weekend, and has already taken in his deer to be processed. This should be the last weekend that he will be gone for a while, thank goodness. Although, now we're getting into a good routine when it's just Mom running the show!

My mom and I are hitting up the huge craft fair in Shakopee this afternoon...can't wait to see what fun stuff they have available for the holidays. The countdown to Christmas is ticking by quickly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...