Skip to main content

School is Cool

It's official, we have a 3rd grader!  Tuesday was Ava's first day back at school, and it was a good one.  Her teacher seems to be very organized, responsive, and great with the kids...perfect!  Even better, she no longer has snack time at school.  I know this seems like a small thing, but for the last three years I had to remember to pack a snack for school every single day...and some days, my memory failed me.  But, it's confirmed, snack is a thing of the past! (Welcome to the real world, sweetie...)

She still wants to be a baker...I need to find a kid's baking class for her!


I picked up a few sweet treats to celebrate the special day back. (If she was a professional baker, she could have made these instead!)


And some flowers for my girl


G starts soccer this week at daycare, so I'm super excited to hear how that goes.  Since it happens during the day, I won't be able to watch on a regular basis, but I do think that we can come to watch a few little "games" throughout the session. 

I worked a lot this past week, so I haven't been home as much as I normally would be...but this too shall pass.  I have a project launch on Tuesday, and then I should be able to scale back a bit (but not too much more - my next launch is in just two weeks!)  I'm already looking forward to October! 

We have so many fun things planned for the upcoming weekends with family, friends, and neighbors.  I tend to forget that back to school time also means that we're heading into the holiday season...and craziness!  Both kids already know what they want to be for Halloween, so now we need to get out and secure those costumes.  I bought some pumpkin decorating kits for both kids, so now we just need to wait for the pumpkins to be ready!

Side note: Ava is REALLY into Minecraft.  Now, when I think of Minecraft, I think of zombies and swords, and stuff like that.  BUT, my girly girl managed to turn it into something else...she proudly informed that she built a "take-and-go-buffet" where the villagers can get food. She's going to have quite the variety of food for them....potatoes, cooked "goodies", baked goods (cookies, cakes, etc.)  This, in addition to the bookstore that she had made previously.  I love it!  She doesn't see zombies too often, and she doesn't really seem to be concerned about it.  I think I should introduce her to the SIMs...she'd probably have a blast with that!  (She just informed me that's she's going home in Minecraft...she's had a long day.  LOL)  ((Even better...she just spawned some villagers, and told me that the kid villagers are annoying, and that she needs to get rid of them!)

This still makes me laugh...Grandma Karen helped G fix a Lego, but didn't realize she had put her head on upside down.  As G was walking away, he turned around, looked at us, and said, "It's upside down..." he might have looked a little confused, too.  We quickly corrected the situation, but not before having a good laugh about it!


We very rarely let the dogs into bed with us, but yesterday, Scott tucked Lucky under the covers.  She stayed there for at least half an hour, before mean ol' me moved her so I could make the bed.   She looked so comfy!


Today is supposed to be gorgeous...it's sunny, no clouds, with a light breeze.  I am looking forward to a wonderful day at home, with the family, and no set plans!  Happy Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...