Skip to main content

My Own "Man of Steel"

We've quickly settled back into a normal routine...work, school, homework, seeing friends and family, etc.  This week had some high moments though:  Ava and I went in for our annual eye exams, and she might need to get glasses.  She is SO excited about it...she already has her frames picked out.  I say "might" because the doctor wasn't emphatic about her needing them; he said they might help when she's reading, or looking at the boards in school.  So...we'll see.  Maybe I'll wait for a special where if both she and I can purchases new lenses, there's a price break. 

Also, I went it to get my hair cut on Tuesday night...usually I'm pretty neutral on what we do with it, but this time, I had a plan!  My amazing stylist and I had a chat about short hair, and how it would work for me.  My biggest concern is that I'll look like a boy with short hair.  We ended up doing a super short bob, and I love it!  When I walked in on Tuesday night after getting the haircut, G just looked at me, smiled, pointed, and said, "I like that."  So, if the two-year old gives his approval, it must be good!  Ava told me that I look just like Grandma Karen, which I am taking as a compliment!

Scott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary last night....crazy!  I'm not sure where the time has gone!  The traditional gift for #11 is "steel"...that seems appropriate since Scott is very much like the "man of steel."  We went out for a nice dinner in Edina, and enjoyed some adult conversation (although the last 5 minutes of our drive back home consisted of determining if people try to sell boogers...so...not sure how adult that is!  The best part was Scott trying to voice search on his phone.  He received a lot of hits for the following things for sale:  motors, robots, Burker King, and buggies.  However, when I tried, I got the correct info, right away!  And yes, "boogers for sale" is a REAL - and gross - thing!)

The kids were fabulous (as usual when other people are watching them) for Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug.  I'm always amazed to hear what perfect little children they are when we aren't around...

Scott picked up these lovely flowers for me...gorgeous!


He also picked up these beautiful chrysanthemums, which we can hopefully keep blooming for a while.


We were going to try to go to an apple orchard today as a family, but it's raining.  It's supposed to clear up by mid-morning, so we'll have to play it by ear.  I have a big site launch tomorrow (2nd one in less than two weeks), so I'm hoping my work-life balance can return to normal in the next week or so.  Just in time for the holiday chaos! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...