Skip to main content

See Ya, Second Grade!

It's official, we have a third grader! Ava's last day of school was this past Wednesday, and she passed second grade with flying colors. Not that there was any concern, but when I checked the "Grade Placement Next Year" box, I was thrilled to see Grade Three. Seriously, no worries there...but it really hit home that she's flying through elementary school. Exciting, but yikes! Slow down, kid!

Next week starts her Summer Program...and months of packing lunches every day. But, this summer, I'll be getting some help with that task from the crew. Yay!

G wasn't feeling so hot this week...he had a fever since Thursday afternoon, and as such, he's spent a LOT of time at home over the last few days. I'm hoping he wakes up tomorrow and has a better day.  I know he's excited for his Daddy and big sister to come home (so am I.)  They left on Friday afternoon to head up north to do some fishing and spend some time with Scott's best friend and family.  Sounds like they have caught (and released) many fish over the last few days.


Ava's fish!


We helped Grandma Karen celebrate her birthday on Friday night. There was cake, ice cream, gifts, and a whole lotta G being adorable. Happy Birthday, Mom...so glad that we're able to help celebrate in person!


Ava drew this picture for Scott...as I was examining it, I noticed that the bottom "unicorn" wasn't really a unicorn. When I asked Ava what it was, she told me it was a dog dressed up as a unicorn...notice the tie-on unicorn horn, the different ears, tail, lack of mane? I love, love, LOVE how creative she is!

My workplace kicked off the summer with a concert on Thursday afternoon...great music, weather, and friends having fun! This is my friend Grace wearing our custom coozies...much like Wonder Woman!


It is way too early to be up on a Sunday...Lucky is relentless about getting her breakfast, though!  And then she wakes up Darla....and it's too hard to ignore two hungry beagles pacing around the room.  Should be a good, but tired, Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...