Skip to main content

Eight is Great!

We have entered the week of birthday festivities! Yesterday was Ava's eighth birthday...I'm not sure where the last eight years have gone, because last time I looked, she was still my little girl. We had a low key day yesterday, as Scott worked most of the day, and Ava had a friend over to play for a bit in the afternoon. And it was hot...nothing was moving too fast around here!

Here's our little peanut, eight years ago...


Ave and I did make a trip to Barnes & Noble yesterday, and picked up a new Minecraft book for her, along with a yummy cupcake for her dessert last night (birthday cake will be had tonight with the extended family, as well as another cake next weekend at her friends party...we have a tendency to overdo it on the cakes so I'm trying to dial it back a bit...)

I made her requested dinner of pigs in a blankets and mac and cheese...everyone cleaned their plate last night! And then it was gift time! We bought her a new bike earlier this week, so that was her big gift from us this year...it's neat to see her on a big girl bike as opposed to the one she got when she was four!

It was "Wacky Day" at her Summer Power program on Friday, so she came home with pink, purple and sparkly hair!



Love those bright blue eyes!


That's a BIG candle for a little cupcake!


I love how G keeps his eye on the cupcake at all times...




G is trying to figure out why Ava is so excited...she is thrilled to have three new American Girl books to read!  Thanks, Steph!!



What a ham...





G has been fighting a fever over the last week, but I think he's finally kicked it...he hasn't had once since Thursday night.  Poor kid!

Having fun coloring, while cooling down...


Tonight all of the grandparents are coming over to help celebrate Ava's birthday, as well as Father's Day.  And then next weekend, we'll be hosting 9 little kids for Ava's friends birthday...I'm really hoping for good weather so we can be outside and let them burn off some energy in the sprinkler. This week is all about planning for that party! Ava and I did pick out the cake that she wants for next week, so at least that part is decided!

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful dad, as well as Scott...he's a great father to our kids and constantly makes them laugh. And eat their vegetables. Lol.  Enjoy your special day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...