Skip to main content

Bloop!

This was a good week.  Busy, and sometimes not so good at work, but it was one of those weeks that made me appreciate how good our lives are, and how much I love it when everything runs like clockwork. Or, as George Banks (Mary Poppins) would say, "Precision and order..."

I had a site launch at work for a new client on Monday, and while there were issues, none of them were due to the technology on our side..all of that extra work paid off! It feels goods to see something work well after months of long discussions.  Plus, my review was bumped up a few months early, per my director's request, and took place this week. This was probably one of the best reviews I have ever had. It's nice to see that my coworkers and upper management recognize all of the hard work that I do for my projects and customers!

I was able to cap off the week with a belated birthday massage and dinner out on Friday night with one of my very good friends. It was the perfect way to kick off the weekend!

G got his pictures taken at daycare this week...I've decided he is a very photogenic kid, as the pictures turned out adorable! He's getting more independent and aware every day. He's very concerned when I leave in the blue car, or where daddy is in the red truck. Colors are our main adjectives these days. Such a little joy!

Ava and I went to the Rosemount High School production of Mary Poppins last night; it was really good! Excellent singing and performances! I was fascinated with the little boy who played Michael Banks...he reminded me of G, and was so fun to watch him interact with the cast. Ava had a friend spend the night on Friday, so she was very, very sleepy during the latter half of the play...I sympathized, but explained why going to sleep at midnight isn't always the best idea. She agreed. Lol.

Wide awake and excited!


This is what a tired 7-year old looks like when you tell her that there's still the second act remaining...

We also added to our family this week...chalk one more up for the male side! We added an elephant ear male betta fish to our mix!  Ava and I have been planning for this for a few weeks, so we were picked him up last Sunday.  Bloop has been a fun addition...Ava has taken full responsibility for feeding him twice a day, and even G likes saying good morning to him each day.  We ended up buying a tank that's easier to clean, so from that perspective, it's been good for me!

Meet Bloop!


We're going to be heading out for brunch this morning for Mother's Day, and then Scott will be taking the kids to visit his mom, while I head over to spend some time with my mom.  The weather looks beautiful, and we have so many things to be grateful for.  We are blessed!

Happy Mother's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...