Skip to main content

Rustic Painting

It was a nice, quiet week...no birthdays, no hospital trips, nothing chaotic or scary.  All four of us stayed healthy, busy and happy.  I was very productive at work, which makes the weekend even more enjoyable.

Earlier in April, my neighbor/friend and I decided to plan a girls night out at this cool little store in town called Rustic Junk'tion.  We booked the night for a private event where we all made custom signs for our homes.  We brought it snacks and drinks, and had a great time chatting, eating and painting.  During the long winters, we don't see each other as much as we do during the summer, so it was really good to catch up and hear what is happening in everyone's lives.

 Wynne and Nancy, checking out Wynne's very cool lake sign


Allie and Emily, working on their Minnesota state silhouettes


Kristin's name sign turned out so well!


The finished products...


Close up of our sign...now I have to figure out where to hang it!


Nice little embellishment on the flower...


Now that I've done this once, there are a few things I would change, but for a first-time project, it was perfect.  We had fun, got out of the house, and saw friends...and that's what matters!

I don't even have any pics of the kids this week, but look what else is happening?!  I'm always in a state of disbelief when the trees and flowers start to bloom...like it's just a joke, and we'll go back to winter if we enjoy it too much.  But, I think spring is really here!!


Scott took the kids grocery shopping, so the house is eerily quiet...better get into high gear to get some stuff done before they get back!  Happy Springy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...