Skip to main content

Disco!

Ava's school had a fundraiser this past fall, and by selling a certain number of items, she was able to choose a prize.  She (and me) had her heart set on a plug-in disco ball, so imagine our disappointment when they sent her a pair of blow-up shoes instead. The shoes were defective, so it gave me a great opportunity to contact their customer service. They were incredibly helpful, and within a week, Ava got the disco ball delivered to her!

I had no idea how much fun this disco light would be...it's a blast! There have been lots of spontaneous dance parties! Ava really wanted me to install it in her room, but I had to be a party pooper and say no...it can't be her permanent overhead light.  Can you imagine??



In addition to disco ball deliveries, we also got our new bed last Sunday, and our new living room furniture yesterday afternoon. We're loving everything so far.  My back hasn't been sore at all this week after I wake up, so I'm considering the bed a success!  The living room furniture is super comfy and the color looks great in the room...very cozy.


Last night, Emilie and I checked out the European Christmas Market in downtown St Paul. We had so much fun at the one in Vienna a few years ago, but we knew this was going to be a much smaller version. But, it was still fun! We made some purchases, drank some glühwein (warm, mulled red wine,) ate some food, and enjoyed a perfect winter night outside. The market was also right next to the North Pole train, so it added to the holiday experience.  After we spent a few hours there, we caught the light rail to Rice Park, and enjoyed all of the lit trees. And then it was time to get warm, and head home! We're hopeful that next year, they'll add more vendors, and grow the space at the market...it's a fun way to spend a beautiful winter night outside!

This was in St Paul last night...


And this was in Vienna in 2010...and on a much grander scale!





Lots of Christmas-y type things to do today...it's such a wonderful time of the year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...