Skip to main content

Malls and Zoos

Last Sunday, my friend Kristin and I went to the Mall of America to listen to Kim and Penn Holderness talk about their new kids' book about ADHD. They interact so well with the audience, and they are a joy to watch and listen to. At the end, we met them and got my book signed. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon with a friend!





It's been a busy week. We sold Bernice (the Mariner) on Monday morning and had a company evaluate the Pilot on Monday night. They offered us much less than we wanted, so we passed. But someone we know is coming by this afternoon to look at it, so maybe it will go home with a new owner tonight. Fingers crossed that we're down to just 3 cars in the near future! Insurance is ridiculously high, and selling these two cars will save us at least $800/year. Every little penny adds up!

G and I ran a bunch of errands this morning, then topped it off with a trip to a French bakery I had been wanting to try in the next town over. Ooh la la! Since he's learning French now, I'm trying to incorporate little francophone experiences for him whenever I can. 

I had also been noodling on the idea of walking the Tree Top Trail at the MN Zoo last week, but the timing never worked out. But on the way home from picking up breakfast this morning, we spontaneously decided to go to the zoo! Since we're members, our entrance and parking are covered. We were totally unprepared, with minimal phone charge, flip-flops, and our pastry breakfast to get us by. But the weather held, and we could walk the trail with relatively few crowds (they were all on the ground). I was hoping the leaves would have been a little more turned, but I'm just grateful to spend that extra hour with G. I say it each week...We learned with Arya that the time goes by too fast, so we need to spend as much as we can with G while he's still at home!

G and I also made a plan to come back to the Zoo this winter and focus on the specific areas over multiple visits...like the Tropics Trail one time, the Minnesota Trail the next, etc. Looking forward to doing this when it's chilly outside, and we're bored at home!





The prairie dogs are our favorite!



Speaking of spending time with parents lol...I'm heading to my parents' for dinner tonight, and tomorrow night they, along with Arya, will come to our place for dinner. Deb was going to join us, but she's not feeling well - we hope you start feeling better soon, Deb! It will be so nice to see Arya - plus, she can fill out her midterm ballot, and I can drop it off at City Hall for her this week. Super important to get that in early!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...