Skip to main content

Bath time for Butterfly

It was a big week for Butterfly. She was hand picked by Ava to make the long journey to school, to be a part of the second grade stuffed animal show this past Wednesday. Butterfly gets a LOT of love at home, and goes everywhere with Ava. This means that Butterfly needed to be spruced up a bit before being shown off.

As Butterfly was getting a bath in the delicate cycle, I heard comments from Ava like, "This is so harsh!" and "I hope her eyes don't come off."  (For the record, her eyes are embroidered onto her face, so if they come off, I'm going to be concerned about how "harsh" are washer really is, especially the regular cycles!) At one point, I checked in on Butterfly, and pointed out that she was still smiling, even though she was floating upside down, trapped in a mesh bag, face completely submerged by soapy water.


And in the end, the girl and her butterfly had an awesome day together. And Butterfly even won a blue ribbon for being the Best Flier in class!

We also received Ava's second grade pictures, and we think they turned out great! I was comparing her first and second grade pics, and couldn't believe how much more grown up she looks this year.  Beautiful!


Due to MEA, schools were closed on Thursday and Friday, so Ava had a fun time doing an in-house craft with Abrakadoodle (she made a super cute pink clay elephant,) and then hitting up an apple orchard with the group. They picked apples, drank cider, ate donuts, and checked out the packing line.  What a fun week for that girl!

Our little guy didn't have such a good week, though.  He got sick on Tuesday night, so we kept him home the next day, and yesterday, he was running a fever. Poor little guy...hopefully he'll shake this illness soon.

Should be another beautiful fall day...might be one of the last ones we have, so we're going to get out there and enjoy it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...