Skip to main content

First Week...Done!

The first week of back to school was a success!  Ava really likes her new teacher, and is having fun reconnecting with old friends, as well as making new ones.  We seem to have one of the neighbor girls over at our house several times a week, which is totally fine - she's sweet, and a year older than Ava, so she seems to be a good influence on Ava.

On Monday, we celebrated the "last afternoon of summer" with root beer floats at the neighbors house.  The floats, the company, and the weather made it a perfect afternoon to say "see ya!" to summer.


Ava was so excited to start school on Tuesday, and as you can see, she's wanting to be a fashion designer in the future.  We talked about her past choices (mermaid, "mommy who works on computers", and a baker) and she changed her mind to being a mermaid fashion designer princess, but...that seemed a little unrealistic, so we stuck with being a plain ol' fashion designer. :)


G's been having a blast at his daycare, and when I noticed he was getting "school" pictures taken at the end of September, I realized we needed to get his shaggy hair cut into shape.  He absolutely hated getting his haircut...I had to hold his arms, neck and head, while the wonderful stylist worked with sharp scissors and clippers.  There's a reason we take him to Kids Hair - they specialize in kids haircuts, and have the patience of saints!  After we were done, another mom there told me that her son used to be like that, too...and he was sitting there, getting his hair cut like a pro, so...there's hope for G.  A cherry sucker seemed to make it all better for him.  Until it got hair on it...lol.


Yesterday, the kids and I met up with my friend Emilie, and headed a bit south of the cities to Northfield. This weekend was the "Defeat of Jesse James" days, and while we didn't watch the re-enactment of the robbery, we heard the gun shots and saw the horses many times.  There was a nice little art show, yummy fair food, and even a carnival...but we didn't make it out there.  G did pretty well for not having a nap (he slept for about an hour in the car on the ride down, but clearly, it wasn't enough.)  He started having more and more meltdowns, and ended up laying down, bawling, in the middle of the street.  A clear sign that it's time to get that kid home and into his crib!  Em ended up staying for dinner, and the meal was a comedy of errors.  Nothing went quite right, but at least the steak turned out really good!

Super cute one of Em and G!


Happy with a corn dog!


We both look a little rough in this one...


Entertaining herself with the stroller...at a few points, she wanted to go for a ride, but...


Scott took the kids with him this morning, running to different places all over the cities, so it has been v-e-r-y quiet at the house.  I've been able to get quite a few things done, but, there's still always more to do, right?!  I think we've got the paint color picked out for the office, so I'm excited to get that project underway, and finally have that room done.  We'll see how long it takes...ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...