Skip to main content

Only 5 More Days...

Even though this was only a 4-day workweek, it felt like we packed 7 days worth of work into that time frame.  I've warned my closest family and friends that this next month is going to be hell for me at work.  Mid-July cannot come soon enough!

Last weekend, Scott picked up some veggies to make fresh salsa.  He hasn't made salsa since we moved out of SSP in 2013, so this was a wonderful treat to have.  I think next year we'll get our garden planted, and we'll be back in the fresh veggie and salsa business!







G managed to keep his teeth out of all of the other kids at daycare this week...hooray!  Except then Ava tried to take a toy away from him yesterday, and he bit her...boo!  One of my neighbors mentioned she had a kids book about biting, so we're going to have a little sit down with G, and see what we can accomplish!


Ava's first grade class had their end of year celebration on Thursday afternoon.  She and I went to the school library, and hung out under the steps to read through her year portfolio of work and artwork.  (I realize that sounds weird, but they have this cool nook area that kids can use to read.  Not sure if was built for an adult size person, but there were 6 of us packed in there...)  Ava was very proud to show us her work, and is very sad to no longer have Mrs M. as her teacher next year.  She's absolutely thrilled that there are only 5 MORE DAYS until school is out.  Ava has big plans for us this summer, mostly involving the pool.  I picked up her packet of info for Summer Power, and they have a very full summer of fun activities planned...that girl is never going to be bored!!

Sitting by the pond, eating our cookies during the celebration!



Enjoying a beautiful night on our new deck!


While Scott was working yesterday, I spent several hours sorting through G's clothing, and just about fell over when I realized we already had clothes for him when he's 8 years old.  EIGHT.  In any case, that kid is set for his wardrobe!  And I feel like I accomplished a ton.  So, win win!  Plus, we went for a nice walk yesterday afternoon, played at the park, had a great dinner out as a family, and then joined our neighbors for a bonfire to top off the fun evening.  Good times!!  Thank goodness summer is finally here!!

And off to work I go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...