Skip to main content

Grandparents with Cameras

I honestly don't know what we did over the last few weeks, except I know that it was really busy and there wasn't much downtime.  There was work, and birthdays, and haircuts, and decks, and lost teeth, and gatherings with neighbors, and yoga, and little boy bite marks, and cake.  Oh so much cake.

Remember Ava's concert a few weeks ago?  Here's a pic of her leading the group saying "hello" in a plethora of languages!  
(Thanks, Grandpa Doug for the picture!)


And during my birthday weekend, the kiddos were with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey, and they went to a park!
(Note, I "stole" these pictures off of Grandma Deb's Facebook page!)



And then my parents kidnapped Ava for dinner one night, and Ava and Grandma Karen got crafty.
(Hey, I wasn't there so clearly I didn't take this picture!)


So, I think the real question is, am I ever present behind the camera, or do we let the grandparents do everything with the kids, while we lay around eating bonbons all day?

Hmmm...


My workplace had a "spring break" party on my birthday, so I had the chance to celebrate with a hundred of my closest friends.  One of my work friends made me a cake, and brought it in to share while at the party. And then there was singing and candles, and the whole nine yards.  And it was very fun!

That very same evening, my parent came over for cake and ice cream (this was the 3rd cake in 3 days, mind you) to help me celebrate the kickoff of my last year in my 30's.  And there was more candles and singing, and gift openings, and cards that I never ever ever want to read out loud in front of my parents, ever again.


We didn't have the right candles, so we used Roman numerals...Happy XXXIX birthday to me!



A big thanks to my Aunt Stephanie for this card.  Let's just say that it states that the birthday is a celebration of how I came to be.  Literally.


My friend/neighbor Emily and I have been to a couple of yoga classes in town, and this one last week was intense.  We decided that we were never, ever going to go to that particular class again.  Ever.  And the next day I was stretching, and I pulled a muscle in my back, which I blame on yoga somehow, even though I was sitting on my couch while stretching, so I certainly wasn't doing any yoga moves!  Darn you, yoga!

Ava's had a wiggly loose tooth for a bit.  I forgot how funny loose teeth look before they fall out.  This one was just hanging out in her mouth, sitting at a funny angle, and causing her great angst while eating.  I took Lucky to the vet for a checkup on Thursday night, and when I came back, Ava's tooth had popped right out!  Of course the Tooth Fairy came to visit that evening, and left her a $1 gold coin, which she was pretty excited about.  And we can already see the new tooth poking its way through her gum!


Grandma Karen and I took little G to get his hair cut, and you would have thought we were torturing him horrendously.  There were tears and fears, and everything else that you would except when approaching a small child with sharp scissors and blades.  However, in the end, it turned out great.  And now he looks like quite the little man.  (Just in time for us to get his 18-month photos taken today!)

I'm not sure what he had on his hands when he did this, but check out this 'do - it was sticky!
We can consider this a "before photo"...
 

And here's my little G with a big boy haircut - such a difference!


Outside of all of this, Scott and my dad have been working very hard on the deck, but it seems like at every corner, there have been challenges to face.  We haven't had good luck with materials, and have made several trips back to Lowe's to get new parts.  The latest "fun thing" is that yesterday, after pouring the concrete for the base of the steps, it never actually cured.  Hours later, after the forms were removed, the concrete crumbled into dust.  What??  Little things like this keeping adding to the frustration...but it WILL look great when it's done!!

Enough rambling for today...I need to get back to my life of doing whoknowswhat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh