Skip to main content

Mish Mash

What did we do this week?  Couldn't tell ya!  The days are flying by fast, that's all I know.  Well, I can say that I visited my friends Megan and Erik, and had a chance to meet their new baby girl (Nora.)  That was pretty fun, plus, we now have someone to give all of Ava's clothes to!  Win-win!

Woohoo - footings for the deck have been poured!


Hanging out in another leaf pile...


Having fun with static electricity!


Ava and G headed over to Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey's house on Friday after school/daycare, so Scott and I headed out for a nice dinner at Porter Creek in Burnsville.  It was very nice to have an adult night out!  We stopped at a local bar on the way home, and marveled that people were out past 9:30pm on a Friday night.  Clearly, we need to get out more.

On Saturday morning, I headed to downtown St Paul with my friend Amy, and we participated in the Monster Dash 5k.  We ran and walked during this race, and we're hoping that for the next one, we can get the running to be more than 50% of the race!  Amy and I dressed up as cats (she was a pink leopard and I was a princess kitty) and we had a blast people/costume watching.  It was a great event!  Plus, they give you a beer at the end, so that was a nice way to end the race.

Meow!


I picked up Ava and G later on Saturday afternoon, and then came home and took a nap.  I was pooped.  The nap was necessary though, because we had a bonfire and s'mores last night.  A neighbor stopped over and we had a nice chat with him...and talked a bit more about the upcoming plans for a neighborhood party.  Yeah!

Might be the last bonfire of the year...boo.

 
I think this was G's first bonfire!



 It would have been wise if we had taken Sunday off, and just relaxed around the house...but did we?  Of course not!  Scott has been working on cleaning/sealing our garage floor, so Ava and I headed to the Minnesota Zoo to meet up with some friends.  The zoo was putting on a Halloween event, so we even got in some trick or treating, and face painting.  Plus, it was REALLY great to see our friends, and I ran into another friend (and her kids) while we were in the Tropics area.  We made a stop at the library on the way home, and are finally getting a chance to spend some time around the house.  Can't get much better on a beautiful Sunday afternoon!

Not the greatest pic of Isabel and Ava (the two girls in pink on the right) but I LOVED the little Yoda right in front of them.  Soooo cute!


Hanging out by the shark tank (Isabel, Ava and Lynkoln)


Face painting fun, but...where are the smiles Ava and Lynkoln??


Riding a wolf!


The joys of parenting never end...G just managed to pull off his pants, and Ava discovered that he left a gooey surprise in there for us.  Time to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...