Skip to main content

Lovely Leaves

Had to take a little break from blogging last week due to some unfortunate circumstances that took place on Sunday, but we're back on track now!

Ava had been asking about jumping in the leaves in our backyard (and now that we have sod, she totally can!)  Scott raked up the leaves last weekend, and she went to town.  Scott then mowed them all up, but when I look outside now, there are even more on the ground...and one of our cottonwood trees still has a ton of leaves on it that haven't dropped yet...more fun for Ava!  (And more mowing for Scott!)


This time of year is so pretty in Minnesota - love all of the vivid colors!



It was a super busy week...I had something going on every night after work Mon, Tues, and Wed, and by Thursday night, all I wanted to do was come home and stare at the wall.  Ava didn't have school on Thursday or Friday, so on Thursday we sent her off with the YMCA school release program...they went to an apple orchard, had donuts, apple cider, and explored the sunflower maze onsite.  She had a great time!  And then on Friday, both kids were home with me for the day.  We visited with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey for a bit on Friday afternoon, and then visited with some neighbors from the old 'hood for a few hours.  What a great way to kick off the weekend!

On Saturday the kids and I met up with Emilie and had fun at the new outlet mall in Eagan.  The kids did amazingly well until G decided it was time to go...right in the middle of Eddie Bauer.  So, we went!  Well, we made a stop at the cookie store (Ava) and the kettle corn place (Emilie) and THEN we headed out.  There is a restaurant in Rosemount that we had both wanted to try, and figured it was the perfect time to check it out.  The House of Curry was very yummy...although, Ava didn't care so much for it, but G had a great time eating some of my chicken curry and basmati rice.  And both Em and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals.  Plus, the service was good AND entertaining.  Overall, it was a great new food experience!

Did I mention I got a new camera?  I finally had a chance to play around with it - Ava's already tired of me taking pictures of her. :)

G looks a little concerned in this one...



We had quite the mani/pedi session yesterday morning - each finger/toe has a different color on it, with corresponding sparkles...


This little guy needs a haircut!


Being silly!


Really avoiding the camera...look at that hair!


Great pic of Ava and Emilie!


Should be a gorgeous day today - lots of sunshine and clear skies.  Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...