Skip to main content

There's No Place Like Home...

...unless you should be at work/daycare.  Little G was pretty sick this week.  As soon as I walked into the office on Monday, I got a call from our daycare provider that he was running a temp (and no, he wasn't warm when I had dropped him off!)  We tried to send him back to daycare on Wednesday, but at the end of the day, he developed another fever.  So...out of 5 days this week, he was at daycare for 1 day.  Which means that we were splitting our schedules the rest of the week, making sure that he was taken care of.

On the bright side, he is doing MUCH better now - when we took him to the doctor, they told us he had a virus, so there's nothing we could really do for him.  On Wed night, his fever went away, and he was back to his happy self on Thursday and Friday (and we didn't have daycare on Friday, but at least he wasn't cranky.)

Ava had her last baton twirling class this week, and she didn't show any interest in being in the parade this weekend, so we didn't pursue that with her.  She's going to start her swimming lessons this coming week, so our nights are going to be spent at a pool for the next several week. At least we don't have to get in the pool with her!

We've had a pretty good weekend so far...library (twice!), Leprechaun Days parade, playing at a new park, How to Train Your Dragon 2 movie with Ava (G spent the night at Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey's house), and today we're going to head to the zoo to meet up with Scott's sister and her kids, and later this afternoon, Ava has a bowling birthday party to head to.  And I made some really good progress on sorting out our office.  Feels really good to be productive - and busy!

One fun fact about the parade...when you sit near the beginning of the parade, it goes much faster, PLUS, everyone is eager to hand things out.  After all of the political groups went by (near the end), Jimmy Johns was next in line.  And they were throwing 3" sandwiches into the crowd!  I don't think I've ever moved that fast to get anything in a parade...and they threw one high enough up the hill that came right to me.  And it was goooood!

We gave Scott a "Craft Beer of the Month" club membership for his birthday earlier this month.  1st batch arrived last week!



Helping Grandpa Doug celebrate #65! Nice use of Ava's past birthday candles, right?


Full of smiles, and love for his puppy!


We sat right at the beginning of the Leprechaun Days parade...pretty good spot!


And then we enjoyed the view on our walk home from the parade.


It's hard to believe it's nearing the end of July.  The winter months seem to drag on, while the summer ones fly by.  At least we're doing what we can to make the most of these warm days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...