Skip to main content

Lucky #6

Even though the state of Minnesota might float away in the next few days, we've managed to squeeze out some fun times!  And, we even saw the sun for several hours, so we might dry out at some point...

Monday night Ava started her baton twirling class...we weren't able to watch, but could hear everything.  My favorite line was, "We don't throw things in this class.  Like batons.  And certainly not at the mirror!"  It makes me wonder how many times a baton has been sent through the air, like a little arrow, shattering whatever is in its path.  Fortunately, her class was accident free.  And now we need to decide if we're going to invest in a flashy pink-tipped baton, or if this is a short-lived interest.  In any case...it's a unique one - just like Ava!

At 1:59a.m. on Wednesday, our little peanut turned 6!  Of course, we were all sleeping at that time, so the party didn't start until several hours later.  She had a great day at daycare with cupcakes and pedis, and then that night, our family (plus both sets of grandparents) headed out to Chuck E Cheese to eat pizza, play games, and be kids.  I'm honestly not sure who got the most tickets from the games...Ava, or her dad and grandpas...!




Normally I wouldn't talk about a cake, but with this one...I have to.  I bought a watermelon cake mix to make for Ava. It's pink with black "seeds", and the frosting is green.  All watermelon flavored...and I thought I was going to throw up while making it.  I despise artificial watermelon flavor.  But, I love my daughter...

And in the end, it tasted way better than it smelled! :)



Make a wish!



 Stubborn candles!


Surprisingly good...and half gone!



And then yesterday was filled from top-to-bottom with all sorts of fun activities.  Scott worked all day (boo!) so Ava, G and I kept ourselves busy.  I was re-potting some plants in the morning, and our neighbors (who are moving...sad...) were outside loading some belongings to be moved.  To keep the kids busy, Mary suggested that they have a lemonade stand.  It kept them occupied for hours!  And they made $15 - not too shabby!


 Once G got up from his nap, we all headed over to our pool...I'm really impressed with how nice and clean everything is.  There were a ton of people there, and we had a great time!  We met another neighbor whose youngest daughter is six, and will be in 1st grade at Red Pine...just like Ava!  I also learned that there is a strip of houses, down the street from us, that all have daughters around Ava's age.  Looks like we need to take a walk around the block to meet them!

Ready to swim!




Zonked out from his day in the water...


Last night, we met up with our very dear friends, the Winfields, for a late dinner.  My parents joined us for a bit, as they hadn't seen Darren, Tiff and the girls for several years.  I wanted a picture of me and Tiffany, and their daughter Evy jumped in at the last minute...hence the open-mouth expressions in this one!  Every time we see them, I wish they hadn't moved away - we love hanging out with all of them!!


Today will be a busy day...it's Ava's little friends party this afternoon.  Should be fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...