Skip to main content

Birthday Celebration!

Last Sunday afternoon, we had Ava's birthday party with some of her little friends.  At the last minute, a few people weren't able to make it so she was pretty sad about that...but she had fun with those friends who were there!

We went to the Eagan Art House, which is a place that holds a variety of art classes, for both children and adults.  We decided on a "Frozen" theme, so the kids decorated crowns, made a watercolor and pastel castle picture, and molded Olaf (the snowman) out of some Magic Modeling compound.  We topped it off with cake and gifts...and another birthday party went into the books! :)

Excited to start the party!



Amy, the instructor, helping Luke and Lynkoln with their crowns


Trying to get un-sticky from the crown jewel application!


Isabel S and Ava making their Frozen castles


Luke and Lynkoln working hard on their castles


Isabel W painting her castle drawing


I took this pic of Amy helping Lynkoln with his Olaf snowman, and then realized that Luke was having a staring contest with his Olaf...funny!



Isabel W did a GREAT job with her Olaf!


Yum, yum - birthday cake time!  MUCH better than the watermelon cake, in my opinion...!



This has been a crazy week...we've had stuff planned every single night, so Saturday night was the first evening that we could hang out at home and not have to rush anywhere after our dinner out.  Felt good to take it easy...

Ava went to a new dentist on Monday morning, and she liked her so much, she wanted to schedule her next 6-month check up for Tuesday! Baton twirling was a success on Monday night, so I gave in and bought her a baton.  Turns out our neighbor twirled baton in high school, so I'm hoping she can show Ava some tricks.

Tuesday night I went with some friends to a painting event in downtown Minneapolis...2 ciders, and a few hours later, and I ended up with a painting that I like!  It makes me smile, so it'll go on our walls, somewhere...

On Wednesday, I took the day off of work and my friend Emilie and I went to a four-hour furniture painting workshop.  I painted some shadow boxes for Ava, and Em painted a crate to use in her living room.  We really liked the owners of the warehouse - they served us wine and cheese halfway through the event!  It was very fun, and I'd love to go back and do it again.

Thursday night was the last dinner with my parents for a while...they've headed back to Colorado for a bit.  But, before we know it, they'll be back!  They accomplished quite a bit in their three weeks here...their condo is now almost entirely furnished, including all of the kitchen items!  As my dad stated, the next visit is focused on "Technology Implementation."  :)

Friday was another day off of work (no daycare) and I had hoped to take G and Ava to the zoo, but the weather was acting funny, so instead we went to the library, and took care of some things around the house.  Then Grandma Deb picked them up around 1:30pm, and I was on my own for the afternoon!  Scott and I drove up to South St Paul after dinner, and joined the family for the Kaposia Days parade.  It was a perfect night for a parade, and everyone had a good time!  Both kids spent the night in SSP, so Scott and I took advantage of the kid-free time, and headed back to Rosemount and went to a local bar for a few drinks.  It was a great way to end a fun Friday!

On Saturday, I picked up G, but Ava wanted to spend one more night with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey, so he had us all to himself.  Lucky little guy!  Never fear, though, Big Sister Ava will be back soon enough! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...