Skip to main content

Nesting...

It must be getting close...the countdown to chaos!  One of the (male) VPs at work made a comment to me that I must be nesting, and I realized, he's totally right!

I wrapped up my final BIG piece of documentation at work this past Friday afternoon.  I have other things that I would like to get accomplished before I am out, but if I was to have baby G tomorrow, I'd be ok with where things stand at work.  I'm not sure my backups would say the same...but, anything I accomplish between now and my leave will be a bonus for them!

The house is still progressing (I haven't seen it this week.)  Scott stopped by on Friday morning, and let me know the driveway has been poured (yeah!) and the carpet is in (at least in the study...they've locked the doors AND the lockbox, so now how can we check it out?!)  We've got the Power of Attorney (for Scott) in place for the closing, in the event that I'm unable to be there to sign.  And I've checked in with the loan officers to see if there is anything else we need to do prior to closing - they'll let us know how much $$$ to bring, which I consider the most important part!  Plus, I've checked in with the builder to see when we can schedule our walkthrough and to see if there is anything else that they need from us.  So far...we seem to be in good shape!

Baby G is getting bigger.  And stronger.  And definitely running out of room.  His movements are becoming a bit more determined, and I'm pretty sure that one of these days he's going to try to come out of my belly button.  That's how Ava thought babies came out, and honestly, she might be right.  My Braxton-Hicks contractions are getting stronger and a bit more uncomfortable.  And I've started my weekly doctor appointments, so I'll have a better idea each week of things are going.  Last week, I was dilated to a 1, so things are starting.  We'll see how I look this coming Wednesday.  It's so close...I can almost see the end!

As for me...I'm taking some breaks.  Breaks from cleaning.  Breaks from stressing about things/people.  Breaks from planning things.  I'm simply...done.  This weekend, we were supposed to visit our dear friends (Darren and Tiffany) for their daughter's 6 birthday party.  I didn't have it in me to take a 3 hour (round trip) car ride down south, so Scott and Ava went without me, and I was able to enjoy a Saturday afternoon/evening at home, with just the dogs to keep me company.  And it was great!  Got some Christmas presents wrapped (yeah, that's right, CHRISTMAS) and a few things knocked off the never ending list of projects.  I even managed to get our Christmas cards selected, so now I just need to have a few more photos to drop in, and we'll be ready to go!  And then I rested.  And feel great now!  (Except for the 8lb human kicking my organs, but whatever!)

And Ava had a fantastic week...it was MEA this week, so she didn't have school Wed-Fri.  Instead, she went to the all-day Kids Choice program at Lincoln Center in SSP.  On Wednesday, she had a blast at Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America, on Thursday, they went to the Science Museum of MN, and on Friday, a dance company came in and they learned how to do some new dances.  Plus, she made some new friends, and we finally got to see the other elementary school in SSP (and got completely lost in the process on the first day!)  Tomorrow, we're getting back to the routine of classes, homework, reading, etc.  I, for one, am grateful that this Kids Choice program exists.  It's totally reasonable at $30/day, plus they have extended hours which means that Scott didn't have to rush to pick her up at 3:30 each day - and I know he appreciated that.

Now I'm just waiting for my people to get home so we can enjoy our rainy family day together.  And maybe take another nap. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...