Skip to main content

He's Slowly Eating My Brain...

Yep, it's actually happened this time - my little zombie parasite has eaten my brain.  I managed to miss not one, but TWO things this past Monday.  Not only did we miss bringing snacks for Ava's class on Monday, but I also completely forgot that I had a haircut appointment on Monday night, too.  Luckily, both Ava's teacher and my stylist know we have just a few things going on in our lives, and were very forgiving and able to reschedule on both counts. 

When I told Scott about these two misses, he even said that missing those types of things wasn't like me.  So, we're going to blame the little zombie that I am hosting.  Sheesh.

Ava had a great time with spirit week at school...she got to wear pajamas, her Vikings shirt, orange (against bullying), and even our feeble attempt at the SSP Packer colors (we tried, and that's what counts!)  Now that we're moving into cooler weather, it truly is a battle to get her to wear warmer clothes, when all she wants to wear are dresses and skirts.  I am seeing lots of leggings in her future!

We're enjoying looking through her in-class work that she is bringing home...plus she's bringing home little books that she is having to read to us, which is really fun to see.  We're still working on learning to tie those shoelaces, and we're all pretty frustrated by the end of our "lessons."

Yesterday, Ava went with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey to pick out pumpkins to carve later this month.  We got some really big ones last weekend when we visited the apple orchard, so I was happy to see that Ava had picked out a cute little one, in honor of Baby G.  The good news is that he'll be here to see the final product, soon!


We stopped by the house this past Thursday - it's getting harder and harder to break inside! :)  The garage floor has been poured, along with the front sidewalk.  Our front posts have been built up, and finally, that 2nd floor broken window has been replaced.  Scott was doing everything he could to get into the house, and then he realized that the lock box wasn't locked, so we used the key to get in.  Sometimes the answer is right in front of you...

It doesn't appear that there's much left to do...install the rest of the appliances, carpeting, hook up the plumbing, and finish up the electrical.  Hopefully they'll get the driveway poured soon so we're not dealing with a muddy mess this winter.  Plus there needs to be some touch-up painting and cleaning...and then it should be close to our final walkthrough!  I love how it's all coming together, and can't wait to see the final product SOON!

Excited, as usual!

 
HUGE!  Now we just need to figure out when we can seal it before we move in...

 
Front sidewalk - and posts!

 
The appliances are migrating in...


 
Checking out her closet...

 
...as well as Baby G's!

 
Cozy master bath



So, I'm 36 weeks, as of yesterday...one more week, and Baby G will be considered full term, and totally fine to be delivered.  I managed to finish up documentation on the third of my projects this week, and will need to finish up the last one this week, as well as get through all of my emails.  And THEN, I'll feel comfortable leaving work.  It's a good goal to have! 



This week starts my weekly doctor visits - I should know on Wednesday how things are progressing (dilated, effaced, head-down, etc...)  Last night, Baby G had the hiccups, and it's been consistent where I feel them over the last several weeks, so I'm pretty sure he's heading down, in the right direction. 

During the hiccup episode, Ava and I were watching a movie (Scott was out of town, hunting) and Ava had her head laying on my chest/belly.  There was no better feeling than to know that my son was safe and secure (and hiccupping), with my daughter right next to me.  That was a moment of pure joy, without a doubt!

We have a walkthrough with our new landlord today - hoping it goes well, and they realize that all of the damage to the house was pre-existing, and not due to us.  I keep telling myself, we're almost done...breathe in, breathe out...

On that happy thought, time to get going - lots to do today!  The weekends seem to be flying by lately - and it's beautiful outside!  Gotta make sure we get out for a bit to enjoy it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...