Skip to main content

We have Movement!

Funny how things can be so busy, but not a lot of progress is being made.  We've had fun stuff going on every single day over the last few weeks, but one area where we've been struggling is with our new house.  There have been delays - lots of them - and we were beginning to think it would never start.  We still don't know how these delays have affected our estimated completion date, but, I'm starting to think that I'm going to have Baby Boy and move into the new house...all in the same week.  Because, really, that's what this year has been like. 2013: The Year of BIG Weeks (where we look back and think what else could we have possibly squished into a 7-day time frame.)  Other notable weeks of 2013 can be found here: Exciting Changes! and FIVE (and a few other things...)

After some phone calls, and Scott talking to the job super a few times, they FINALLY dug the hole last Thursday!  I stopped by last night to confirm, and was very happy to see that not only was there a hole, but there were also footings!  I feel like this is a HUGE step for us. 

Our future driveway

 
It's really ours!  (That's our house number!)

 
More than just a hole... :)

 
 
We've had some hot days recently, so we're doing the best we can to cool off, and loving every minute of it.
 
Ava and Scott washed my car while I dipped my feet in her pool...I felt bad for about 2 seconds!  But, Ava had so much fun, so really, it was like a gift to her.  Right? :)
 
 
Scott looks pretty cool in these strawberry shades...

 
My turn for the shades! 
Side note: look at this huge front lawn behind me.  Scott is very happy he fixed up the riding lawn mower so it doesn't take him over an hour to mow anymore!

 
Loving her ice cream cone...

 
...or is she?!  (Yes, she really was!)

 
Baby Boy has been really active lately, but we both enjoyed a 90-minute massage last week.  I'm already thinking ahead to how great a massage will feel once I'm not pregnant and can lay on my belly.  Overall, I'm still feeling well, and trying to get into a better sleep scheduled.  Let's just say that I sneak in some naps when I can!
 
24 weeks!
 
 
Ava LOVES kissing and talking to her little brother.  Whenever she says good-bye to me, he gets an extra kiss and hug, too.  SO cute!

 
Last weekend, I went to Colorado to visit my parents (just me...no Scott, no Ava) and had a wonderfully relaxing time.  I was in bed before 10pm each night, and enjoyed the low-key, QUIET time.  Plus, it was great seeing my parents again - I'm so happy that flights to CO are short and cheap!
 
When I told Ava that I brought Baby Boy with me to CO, she was very concerned about how he was buckled into the plane.  Safety first, I guess.  And then some she made some comments about how she never gets to go on vacation, so...we might need to fix that this fall!
 
It is down pouring right now, so I'm thinking it's a good morning for French toast and coffee.  Ava is at Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey's, which means Scott and I can have an adult breakfast!  Ava has a birthday party at the Como Zoo later today, so I'm hoping it clears up for that event.
 
Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...