Skip to main content

FIVE (and a few other things...)

Finally, I have a chance to sit down, relax and collect my thoughts.  We've had a whirlwind last two weeks, with lots and lots and LOTS of stuff going on!

Our Little Girl isn't so little anymore...she's the big FIVE now!  And she seems to think that being five comes with new privileges, like not listening, or being super sassy, and always getting her way.  Little does she realize that both her mom and dad have been five before, and for the most part (not always...sigh) can outsmart her!

She woke up on her big day (June 18) with a fever, so I was pretty bummed (for her) that she had to spend her birthday at home with me (and then in the afternoon with Great-Grandma - which was totally fine) instead of celebrating at summer camp with her little friends.  At one point, I said to her, "I'm sorry this isn't turning out to be a great birthday."  And she looked at me, totally confused and with fever-glazed eyes, and replied, "It's fine...it's sunny out!"  All of a sudden, I had a new respect for my daughter - leave it to a kid to focus on the positive in what could be a not-so-fun situation.  She teaches me something every day!

We did get to have her super exciting dinner of mac-n-cheese, buttered corn, and yogurt, with cupcakes for dessert, and then we topped it off with present opening, so she was really wound up that night!  And luckily, she was all better the next day to go to school! 

Big-Eyed Ava!

 
"I'm FIVE!!!"

 
Showing off some of her gifts...



 
Incoming ball!

 

The next weekend, we were blessed with a beautiful Saturday night, and I just happened to have all the fixins for s'mores...YUM!! 
 

 
This is probably the biggest spider I have ever seen at a house...you can't tell here but its eyes are a bright teal.  The thing was probably the size of a quarter!

 
This just made me laugh as the reflection of the flames made it look like a crown of fire on Lucky's head.  It's the little things in life, right? :)

 
And then, to top off this great weekend, we had Ava's little "friends" birthday party at Michael's on Sunday afternoon.  They painted t-shirts, did face/arm painting, colored, ate cake and ice cream, and even sang to Ava over the intercom at the store.  Overall, all the little girls seemed to like it, and Ava couldn't have been happier!  (Personally, I was happy since the mess was not at my house, and I didn't have to worry about paint and glitter everywhere!)
 
So excited to start the party! 
 
 
Coloring with Daddy

 
Let the fun begin!


Face/arm painting!

 
Ava

 
Reese
 
 
Catherine

 
Bella

 
Isabel

 
Sydney
 
 
Ellie

 
Siri

 
Painting t-shirts...and making a mess!

 
The end result!

 
Walking through the store...
 
 
...to sing Happy Birthday to Ava over the intercom!

 
This was so incredibly cute, I actually had to walk away!

 
Making a wish...

 
Gift time!

 
The crew...it was a great party!



 
I asked Ava to put my shoes away...instead they became very secure vehicles for Barbie and Ken.  This totally made me laugh the other morning.
 
 
Now, there were several other things that were happening over the last two weeks that weren't focused on Ava's 5th birthday.  For example, we had our level 2 ultrasound done...the baby is healthy, measuring exactly right (20 weeks, 5 days), and we were happy to find out it's a BOY!  Scott, especially, looked a bit relieved, although he sheepishly said it would have been fine had it turned out to be a girl.  Ava's super excited to have a little brother, and I'm excited to experience what it's like to have a son...we cannot wait to meet the new little guy in November!!


 
Smiling already...!  In this one, I think he looks like Ava...it'll be interesting to see what he looks like when born.

 
And, on non-child news...we had our pre-dig meeting last week, which means the next steps are to build the house!  They are looking at digging the hole the week of July 8, with a completion date in mid-October.  Let's hope for no delays on this, or the fall is going to get really crazy!
 
I'm sure there's more, but my brain has been on vacation the last two days - it needed to recover!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going