Skip to main content

Back to Reality

Last week was the first 5-day week we've had in a while, and wow...it was loooong.  We certainly weren't looking for additional things to do, as the days just flew by! Ava was very happy to be back at Maple Tree with all of her little friends, and has started bringing home pictures that the girls have drawn for each other.  It's neat that the pictures are actually beginning to look like things that we recognize - no more blobs on the paper that we have to pretend to know what they are.

One of the items that she brought home last week was a sealed envelope.  When I opened it (even though Ava was telling me no-no-no!) I discovered a picture with Scott and I on it.  I was dancing and Scott was planting a garden.  Seems nice, right?  Until Ava proceeds to tell me that it's a picture she's going to give to me when I die.  Ummm....hm. Hoping she's not plotting something in her sleep...

Ava also seems to be focused on blood these days.  On our way to school on Friday, she asked if my car had a battery.  I told her yes, and let her know that if she wanted a detailed explanation of what the battery does for the car, she had the perfect resource at home for any car/truck related questions.

Her next question was..."Does your car have blood?"  At that point I thought it would be wise to explain the difference between man and machine.  Still not sure she understands, but I don't want to discourage her questions, no matter how odd I think they are.  And who knows, maybe we have a future doctor on our hands!

Ava loves her new doll that she got from Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey - it's extra cool that she can cut her hair.  And wouldn't you want your hair to be cut by a little girl wearing a fluffy white dress and wings??


Just trying to relax after a long day of work.  And poor Darla...she's a great pillow for Ava!


It's really chilly here today (4 degrees right now), so Scott's going to make some yummy soup to share with the grandparents tonight for dinner.  Looking forward to a somewhat relaxing day before another crazy week starts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...