Skip to main content

Welcoming 2013

Well, 2013 seems to be off to a good start...we rang in the new year with great friends, we all went back to work/school as planned (it's a sick, sick time of year!), we just had our last Christmas party last night, and we even got our nice new TV all set up so we could enjoy larger than life entertainment.  Seriously, we skyped with my parents today (using the TV), and they were life-sized.  It was GREAT!!  No more crowding around my laptop to say hello!

The three of us headed south for New Years, and we had an excellent night catching up with old friends, and getting to know new ones better.  All of the kids behaved well, neither Scott nor I fell asleep prior to midnight, and no one broke anything.  I consider that a very successful night!

Spicing up the peach wine with HUGE strawberries...it actually tasted good!


Darren refused to listen to Tiffany regarding making jello shots - he was convinced his way was the right way...


Let's just say Tiff's actually set up and tasted like they should.  12 hours later and Darren's were still liquid...!

  
Dick and Louise


Cathy and Tory


Us!


Most of the kids...


There's the missing child - Evy was hanging with us!


Love my friends!


Ava had to get in one last workout in 2012...wearing sparkles, no less.


Not even sure what story he was telling but his animated expressions made me laugh...


Annie getting us ready for the midnight toast!

 

Ava was much more chipper at the start of 2013 than she was as the start of 2011...


2011 grumpiness (or serious lack of sleep)



We had a very small Christmas gathering/dinner with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey last night, and then we watched the Vikings lose-lose-lose to the Packers.  Sigh.  At least they made it to the playoffs this year!  


She didn't know where to start!  It really didn't matter since 95% of the presents were for her!




At this point she was tired of me taking pics of her, but I loved the ponytail that Grandma Deb put her hair in...and it's a great idea.  Her hair is always falling into her food!


So, the first week of 2013 has come and gone, and I'm hopeful that the rest of the year is as good as it has started!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...