Skip to main content

Finally...a Snowman!

For the first time this winter, we've had a few consectutive days of snowy, cold weather.  Pretty ironic since spring starts in just a few weeks.  BUT, we'll take it - as long as it doesn't stay around too long!

The other night, I worked late, but look at what greeted me in the front yard when I came home!  Ava wasn't out there, but look at this funny guy!  I'm not really sure if it's a man...or a bear...or what it is.  But, I do know that Ava had a great time with Scott, building him (it?)  And that's all that matters! 


Last night my friend Emilie came over, and out of the blue, she asked Ava, "Hey, who's that in your front yard?"  I had a moment of panic before I realized she was asking about the snowman...and not a random man in the front yard.  Doubly scary since just 2 hours earlier, I heard a man's voice on our front porch, and the doorbell never rang.  Turns out the mailman was chatting on his cell, but it freaked me out!  Oh, did I mention Scott's been gone all weekend, so this is the point when little noises become BIG ones in my mind!

Ava was being pretty quiet in her room yesterday morning...I like to appreciate the silence, but I'm always concerned as to WHY there's silence.  This time, that silence produced this...princess dresses all lined up, with their matching accessories and shoes.  LOVE it!  One of my friends (on facebook) labeled this as "OCD Princess" - what a perfect description!  Sadly, her Cinderella dress which has the most accessories just didn't make it into the fashion show this time.


And speaking of fashion...check out this combo. Sleeping Beauty and froggy rain boots!  What style!



Once Scott gets home today, we're going to try to go to the movies as a family.  We thought Dr. Seuss' The Lorax looks pretty cute.  Scott hasn't gone to the movies yet with Ava, so this should be fun.  The next question is...3D or not?  And the most important question...how big of a bag of popcorn will we need with these two popcorn fans?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...