Skip to main content

Braids!

Our daycare provider's daughter is a whiz with hair.  I'm not sure if it's because she is a dancer, and always had to have cute hairstyles for the performances, or if she's just naturally good at doing hair...  In any case, I am not.  That's why I have short hair.  If it was any longer, it would be in a ponytail 99% of the time!

So, imagine how happy and surprised I was when Ava came home with this cute 'do!  I had to take a picture because I'm pretty sure I could never re-create it.  But if I wanted to, at least I'll have a guide!


We have been very, very busy getting the house ready to put on the market.  This week we went and picked up samples for the basement bathroom.  Once that's in, I can do a few things to spruce up that room...and that's the last big project!  Our goal is to have it on the market in the next month.  We still need to declutter and clean, and boy, I am NOT looking forward to that.  I'm almost to the point where I want to hire someone to do a thorough cleaning.  Ugh.

Plus, we've had some pretty weather these last few weekends, so it's hard to get up the motivation to stay inside the house and work.  We just need to buckle down and get to it.  But, check out the pups soaking up the sun!  Spanky never cuddles up to the other 2 dogs, so this was pretty cute to see him and Darla together like this.


Big news on the potty front...Ava hasn't pooped in her pants for a few weeks now!  Every morning I've been giving her pear juice, along with her vitamin, and it seems to be getting things a bit more regular.  She's been going a few times a week now (as opposed to her once-a-week "monster"), and has been letting us know when she needs to go.  I feel like a big hurdle has been passed, and frankly, I'm looking forward to the day where I can stop obsessing about her poop.  And talking about it. :)

On that happy note, Happy Wednesday!  Just a few more days till the weekend is here...hooray!

Comments

Megan said…
yay Ava!

Good luck on your house projects. When I even think about selling our house for any reason I get instantly overwhelmed with all of the work it would take because there's just so much clutter!!

We should find some time in your busy schedules to get together sometime...it's been awhile.
Lisa said…
OMG- Erik and I had a good chuckle at the idea of a "monster" poop! Glad to hear things are improving!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...