Skip to main content

Lazy Days

Now when I say lazy, I don't actually mean lazy...like we all lay around all day, doing absolutely nothing.  However, both Ava and I were in our pjs until noon yesterday, which was pretty nice.  Granted, she got to play and watch movies, and I was working, but still.  It was nice not to have to rush to get dressed in the morning, and head out into the world.

We've been watching a lot of Tinkerbell lately, so when Ava's latest contraption was a "fly boat", it shouldn't have taken me so long to realize where she got the idea from.  Our little winged friend built a boat in one of her movies, so Ava thought she should replicate it at home.  My favorite part is that Ava's version included a coffee pot and cups, in the event you need some warm beverages while taking a spin out in the water!

I'm not really sure if her arms powered the boat...?


Taking a break from being the captain


Tired of me getting in her face with the camera...


Another example of a lazy moment this week...gotta have some downtime!


Thankfully, the rest of our week was uneventful...no more tragedies, just normal life stuff happening.  We've had a good weekend spending some time with the family, as well as friends. We're all a bit tired, so I'm thinking it may be a pretty low-key day, which sounds like the perfect way to end the weekend!

Comments

Sounds like a perfect day. My Saturday was similar with jammies and couch all day, except I didn't have a Fly Boat. When not on the couch, I some time laying on the bathroom floor...some sort of virus that I hope nobody, NOBODY, not even my worst enemy gets. 24 hours later, it's passed. It's Sunday...beautiful, sunny, cool in an appropriate way for February. xos

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...