Skip to main content

Wiiiiiii!

We have had so much fun with our new Wii!  It came with a Super Mario Bros game, a Raving Rabbids game, and I splurged and bought a Sesame Street game for Ava, and Just Dance 3 for me.  We've had a lot of fun dancing around our living room, hopping the Potato Sack Race with Elmo, and watching those silly bunnies go through time.  One thing that we haven't taken advantage of yet is the Netflix streaming - but that will be great once we have a chance to settle down and cuddle up in front of the fire and the TV!

Check out these moves as she dances with Elmo!



I just realized that she's actually copying Elmo's moves in this one!


Love that it came with a Grover cover for the remote!


All bundled up and ready to go to daycare!


Her stripey tights make me giggle - they are too cute!


She's been making a lot of smiley faces lately - and then adding tears.  Not really sure what that's about...but check out her face in this one!


Getting ready to watch the Superbowl with Daddy and Darla


Tomorrow is my last scheduled vacation day...but I'm okay with that.  I haven't worked a full week since January 9, and it's been tricky staying caught up with work projects from all of these days off.  But, since it's a "use 'em or lose 'em" rule...I'm going to use them!  A lot of our house projects have been completed, so maybe I'll take the day, and do nothing but read, or watch movies...or nap! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...