Skip to main content

Sweet Angel...?

Don't let this sweet face fool you!  Ava is continuing to be a little naughty at daycare AND at home...especially with not listening.  I'd say she's mastered the ability to ignore those people around her!  Argh!


On a funny note...our daycare provider puts up winter-themed items in her bathroom at this time of the year.  For example: snowman towels, snowflake shower curtain, etc.  One day this week, as Ava was sitting on the potty, she noticed all of this new decor and kept telling Debi "How a-DOR-able!" everything was.  It makes me wonder if Ava's really an older woman trapped in a toddler's body...

Well, the tree is up, but I didn't get a chance to wrap the Christmas presents yet...BUT!  I bought everything we needed to make fudge, as well as Nutter Butter Santa cookies.  Today, I ran into a lady in the grocery store who was making the same fudge recipe that I use, so she kept asking for my advice.  It's not too often that I can give baking advice! :) 

And we're going to make time to look at Christmas lights and check out the Holidazzle parade in Minneapolis!  Ava and I have a few fun little Christmas-themed craft projects to do this week.  So far, it's been a fantastic holiday season! Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...